“fantastic food”

Ranked #60 of 1,225 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Minuet was established in 1986, we are a small family run business serving genuinely home cooked Italian food with a difference. It started with a simple menu but over the years it has developed into what it is today. Our aim is not to serve pretentious, overpriced food with a drizzle of sauce, but serve good tasty wholesome dishes with the majority of which are our own recipes at honest prices. Our customers will enjoy their meal in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere to the soothing sound of specially selected pieces of classical music, that has inspired so many of our dishes. We are not licensed to serve wine and spirits, but you are welcome to bring your own. Corkage is free. Please note that during busy times there will be other customers waiting for a table, as we don't charge for alcohol time will be restricted. Please respect other diners waiting for a table.
cardiff, south wales
“fantastic food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had to wait outside for a table for 10 mins, but I have to say, it was well worth the wait. We sat at a table in the lovely old arcade, with a cup of coffee while we waited for a table in this tiny restaurant. It was a Wednesday lunchtime and we could not believe how busy it was. When the table was ready we went in and had already decided what we wanted to order. The food came quite promptly. The restaurant is not licensed for alcohol, but that wasnt a problem, we just had water. I had spinach pancakes stuffed with cheese and mushrooms and covered with tomato sauce. It was stunning. My husband has muscles and fish with garlic bread, he was really impressed. The staff were really nice. We would definitely go back there.

• Korean first
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Can't say it's worthy of a top 10 restaurant. That said, the food is still good. I had pizza, my wife had the chicken. We both enjoyed it, but we've had better. At £7 per head you can't really complain. We preferred Giovanni's on the Hays, bit more expensive, but the food is a lot nicer.

You'll still have an enjoyable time at Minuet, just don't expect to be amazed

2 Thank Paul R
cardiff
“Marcello's gem: Cafe Minuet”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friends and family have been going to this cafe for years and have nothing but praise for it! I loved it when Marcello was running it and I still love it now that it's been taken over by Nadine et al. My addiction to 'Lucullo' has been going for over 18 years and my affection for the place has been inherited by my children . . . who take their friends there now. It doesn't set out to be a 'posh place to eat' . . . it's a friendly, homely and honest place with extremely tasty food. Who could ask for anything better?!

“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Every time i've been here for food i have never been disappointed. Best food in Cardiff, value for money and friendly service.

Dublin, Ireland
“Over-rated. Good value but nothing extroadinary”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited Minuet on Saturday morning before the rugby international. Service was really challenged. Ran out of cooked breakfast fare by 10.30am and were told ‘menu only’ (i.e. pastas, pizzas, etc) and got differing stories about when we would be served. Fawlty towers-like. They are clearly not used to big numbers.

I ordered what was described as lasagne but was actually penne with a cream and tomato sauce and no meat to speak of. So, disappointed after all the hype. The food was freshly cooked in a home cooking style, so it was pleasant nothing really special. Others enjoyed what they got but I do think the ratings given so far are excessive.

2 Thank noreally