“value for money”

Campanile Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #57 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Arrivial: arrived to a helpful polish staff member who was very informatic, found the room easy, nice and quiet location

Room: basic but nice!, had all you need and very comfortable, the room was however made into the best room ever after my gf made it up especially for my birthday. by the way, it took us around an hour to locate the plugs. they are behind the curtain!!

Breakfast:...nice but had to pay extra and seperately for it, essex fella behind reception that day (we came from essex to cardiff to escape that haha) but very friendly!

location: now we're essex city folk so arent used to hills and countryside but OH MY LORD! that hill it's on is craaaaaaazy. If you are planning on going into cardiff and getting really drunk, then ask the taxi driver to drop u at the top of it, remove your shoes and ROLLLLLLL

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GMCardiff, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear SSE1989,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay here at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay. With regards to the plug sockets we are in the process of putting signs in the rooms advising guests where they are. The hotel car park is located on a steep hill but it is possible to take your car close to the accommodation block. It was good to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and the member of staff behind reception was very friendly. I will pass on your comments, however we have no members of staff from Essex.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arriving at the hotel we found that my partner had accidently booked 2 rooms for the friday night, he spoke to the receptionist and was told nothing could be done and we would have to pay for both the rooms.. what a waste of money!

The bar was slightly over priced but you could take your drinks to your room which was handy. Entering the room everything is very basic but you couldn't really fault it. The beds are not particularly comfortable but again for the price what more did I expect.

Overall an okay experience on the friday evening... after returning from shopping on the Saturday afternoon we walked to our room (around the back of the hotel) we found lots of people playing loud music and not being particularly friendly.

The final straw came at 4am, we were rudely awoken by our "neighbours" screaming, shouting, playing music and banging on doors. According to the sign on our room door loud noises after 11pm would be dealt with by the management. For us this was not the case the noise continued on until 5.30am! Extremely disappointed woth the second night at the hotel!

The hotel also seems to not have any soundproofing whatsoever all we could hear when lying in bed was the sound of people walking aound upstairs!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Sarreviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay here at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I apologise for the noise that you experienced on the second night of your stay. We have an emergency number to call out of reception hours which is in the information folder in each room. When a guest calls this number a member of the management team will go to investigate the noise and deal with any issues. We do not tolerate noisy guests and if we are made aware of this at the time we ensure that the noise does not continue.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visited this hotel in February 2013 for the 6 nations and were very happy with the accommdation although a little distant from the town centre. very clean rooms and friendly staff. None of our party had any cause for concern. The breakfasts were fine but additional to the room costs.

Room Tip: be prepared to travel and order cabs early so you're not waiting around
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dave-Mills-999,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay here at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. I was happy to read that all your party had a pleasant stay and you were happy with your rooms and breakfast. I will pass on your comments to my team and we hope that should you visit Cardiff for the rugby again, that you will stay at the Campanile Hotel, Cardiff.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Well located just off the A48,this hotel is perfect for a short stay in Cardiff if you have your own transport. The rooms are well equipped and children up to age 10 can stay free on a mattress on the floor. This makes the room cramped but its a good faculty for the short stay which not all hotels support. Good bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for taking the time to your comments regarding your stay here at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your stay. For future reference we are in the process of buying some Z beds to replace the mattresses for children under 10.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed in the annex, the rooms are accessible through some sort of veranda. Spacious and clean rooms, the receptionist was very helpful (our heater didn´t seem to work so he sorted us out in no time!)
The breakfast buffet was well stocked.
For the price we payed it was good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Widljourney,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay here at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were helpful and efficient. I will pass on your comments to my team.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

on arrival was met by the manager who said we had to pay for two rooms.when I tried to explain that there had been a problem with the web site when booking . Hws most unhelpful. We later got it sorted with the we site but he could have been mor helpful.
The room was clean enough but lacked electrical sockets for charging your phone.The shower hezd holder was broken. I did not like the pillows.
I would have gone for breakfast but I could not face seeing the rude manager again .I drove to Newport and had a great breakfast in Fannys Cafe £3.50.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynnem156
GMCardiff, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Lynmen 156 and Peter M

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at the Campanile Hotel in Cardiff. As you mentioned you made two reservations via 2 different website partners for the same night with different terms and conditions for each bookings. I can understand your frustration at check in when I mentioned to you that we had 2 reservations for you. You advised me that you had a problem with the first reservation that was made early on Monday and that it should be invalid. As I explained to you the booking was confirmed as we had received it from the website that you booked on. I advised you to contact the agency the following morning as you arrived quite late and also it was a bank holiday. The agency contacted us after speaking to you and your card was refunded. All our rooms have three plug sockets. If you were unable to find these you should have contacted reception, who would have told you how to find them. Thank you for letting us know that the shower head holder was broken and our maintenance department has now fixed this issue. With regards to your comments on a social networking site, I find your language very inappropriate and using terms like “Nazi” very insensitive.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

customer service a joke the manager was very rude to me and my wife had to get my card company to get my money back we had two booking for the same room clearly this was a mistake but would he listen NO !!! BE WARNED !!

Room Tip: MY tip is do not stay HERE !!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple