“Friendly, genuine and exceeded all expectations!”
Review of Shepherds Lodge

Shepherds Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cardiff
Shepherds Lodge
Ranked #30 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Booked this b&b a few months in advance due to Take That concert and our silver wedding combined, arrived to such a welcome from Patrick and Julie as if we had known them for years, aswell as a cold beer and a good old natter, in our room they had placed champagne and a silver wedding card which was so thoughtful, just shows how genuinely lovely people they are, worth their weight in gold! Our room was immaculate, lovely little homely touches and the breakfast was perfection! They really do exceed all expectations! Approx 5 to 10 minute car ride into cardiff centre(which patrick kindly offered to drop us in), taxi was only £20 pounds back after the concert @ 3.a.m., a bargain for 4 of us! Could not fault the accomodation, the hospitality and the food! A real little gem of a find! If I could give it a score of a hundred I would! Will defo be going back! The down side was the bed was soooo comfy hubby was snoring within 5 mins of head touching the pillow?

Room Tip: Homely, friendly, immaculate and comfortable stay!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2011

A colleague and I were attending a conference in Cardiff for a charity and it was cheaper - and much more pleasant - to stay here and travel the 20 minutes in each day and park up than to stay in the city itself. (Pellet Street car park is, amazingly, only £3.80 per day if you arrive before 8.30am! If you arrive after that, I thought that it was very expensive) The B&B is on an A road, which was a little noisy as people began travelling into work (but I was up by then anyway), but which made getting into Cardiff city centre extremely easy and quick. The rest of the time it was very quiet.

My room was a well appointed double and it was clean and comfortable and there were clean towels each day. My colleague had the family suite; again, he said it was very clean and comfortable. Patrick and Julie are lovely hosts and made us very welcome.

There are three pubs within a short distance, one very easily "walkable", and we ate at two of them while we were there - food was good and very reasonably priced.

We would certainly use Shepherds Lodge again - thank you both for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank newforestpony
Reviewed March 20, 2011

A great place to stay.
After a four hour journey I was welcomed by the host's Julie and Patrick and asked if I would like a beer or a cup of tea.
My room was very clean and comfortable and towels were changed daily.
On my first day I had a full English breakfast which was fantastic , one of the best I have had whilst away from home, Julie cooks a great breakfast.
There is a local pub 400 mts that serves great food in the evening.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I arrived quite late but was greeted with a very friendly welcome and a much needed cup of tea. My single en suite room was very clean and reasonably well appointed. There was a small TV with freeview, adequate for my purposes as I was working long hours and only needed to catch up on the news. Very important for me and my work was the ready availability of good signal strength WiFi in my bedroom.
Patrick and Julie, the hosts, were down to earth and obliging, readily adding fried bread to my already substantial English (or should I say Welsh!?) breakfast. They provided good local information about eateries and pubs in the immediate area and beyond.
As an indication of the good experience here, I have booked 4 separate weeks here altogether for the duration of my contract in South Wales and would not hesitate in recommending this B&B to other businessmen and contractors working in this part of Wales..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business