“Nice experience!”
Review of Where When Wales

Where When Wales
More attraction details
Owner description: An independent family-run business started in 2002, and voted top tour operator in Cardiff by Lonely Planet Wales Guide. Scheduled day tours operate February through to the end of October visiting all the ‘must see’ places in Wales, taking no more than 15 passengers provides a more relaxed and informal style of touring. Itineraries are carefully planned to travel along the most scenic routes to deliver the ultimate tour experience. Tours are suitable for single travellers, families and groups.
Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice experience!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This review is kinda late as I went for the Wales Border Explorer tour last Dec. I enjoyed the tour but not the weather as it rained the entire day. Jan did a great job in giving an overview of Wales including a brief history.

Visited December 2012
Jan W, Owner at Where When Wales, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the Wales Border Explorer tour. There was an unusually high amount of rain in December, not only in Wales but all over the UK, if only the weather was under my control I would order rain from midnight to 6am.

A joy to take you on a tour and hope our paths will cross again sometime in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The sights and the whole experience was excellent!!!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I definitely recommend this tour. Jan and John gave us an overview of how beautiful Wales is. If you're a nature lover then you'll fall in love with the trip to Langland Bay, enjoy the coastal walk towards Caswell Bay. The view for me was breathtaking and you'll definitely enjoy it more if you're sharing it with someone special. I found the place and the whole experience very romantic. I could imagine that the experience could be different during the summer months but either way, the trip was worth going for.
I should mention that couples should definitely take part in going with the group when they visit the Arthur's stone! Rubbing your hands and touching the stone brings good luck! We're due to get married next year , so girls , do bring your partners and go on this trip!

1 Thank kbesana
Jan W, Owner at Where When Wales, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful review and so pleased that you enjoyed the Gower experience. John loves the myths and legends of Wales, and Arthur's Stone is a particular favourite. We send our very best wishes for your wedding in 2014 and wonder life together.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and recommending others book our tours!
Burney, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“People in Wales are Nice, but Jan & John make you feel like Family!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Wales for our 45th wedding Anniversary. We spent two weeks and loved every moment. We have been retired 10 years, and have spent the last ten years traveling the world, from Cruising 3 times around the world and Rving and car tripping in many countries like New Zealand and China. Suffice to say we are seasoned travelers. We think the WhereWhenWales Tours are one of the finest boutique tours we have taken. While Wales may be a small place comparatively Jan and John contribute to making Wales the Amazing place that it is. In our book five Star

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CaliforniaGreens
Jan W, Owner at Where When Wales, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am so pleased that you both enjoyed Wales especially as it was such a special occasion, celebrating your 45th wedding anniversary. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments, especially about feeling you were travellig with family, really nice to hear!

I know you are still travelling, so John and I send our very best wishes for continued good health and many more wonderful travel experiences.
Brisbane, Australia
“Wye Valley & Wales Border Explorer Tours - 'WOW' Wales”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This tour company is 5 STAR. Jan & John are excellent hosts. Bookings were made with no fuss. The tours ran on time, itineraries were timed well and full of different places. When there weren't enough people, Jan & John still rearranged for us to have a shortened tour and made us feel it was absolutely no bother. Jan's commentary is factual and entertaining at the same time and she has a wealth of knowledge to answer questions, with John's assistance while driving. Thoroughly enjoyable days!!! No problems whatsoever!!!

Visited September 2012
Jan W, Owner at Where When Wales, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Many thanks for writing us a review. Your tours travelled east (Wye Valley tour) and north (Wales Border Explorer tour) of Cardiff to explore some of the many diverse landscapes of Wales. I am so pleased to hear that your tour experience from the initial booking enquiry to going on the tours was of a high level of service.

Once again many thanks for booking our tours and for taking the time to write us a review.

Roswell, GA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing tour!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We toured the Wye Valley with Jan & John last summer (sorry I took so long to review!!) and even on an incredibly soggy day we had a fantastic time. I loved seeing all of the sights that we missed the first time we visited Wales. I feel like we saw a ton but we never felt rushed. My husband really enjoyed talking history while I wandered around taking 9billion pictures which was awesome because usually one of us gets bored/ready to move on before the other one is done. We would book another tour without hesitation.

Visited July 2012
Jan W, Owner at Where When Wales, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful review and comments, and I see you have made a significant number of reviews too. Really nice to hear you enjoyed the tour, and the time spent at each of the stops worked well for you, giving you ample time for taking photographs and learning the history of the attraction and area. Thank you so much for the recommendation which is really important to us as a business and most helpful advice to people planning a trip to Wales.

Warm best wishes for 2013.