“Tasty food, good service & generally quite a pleasant place.”
Review of Chimichanga

Chimichanga
Ranked #293 of 1,293 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

There was a little wait for a table, around 5 minutes or so. It suited us well as we eyed up the menu.

Our food was delicious and didn't have to wait long for it. The service was fast and efficient too.

We had loaded potato skins to start which were piping hot, cheesy and full of taste.

For mains, I had the Cajun chicken with ribs and chips. Delicious! The meat fell of the bone and my chicken was cheesy and succulent.

The restaurant itself was busy but nice and a good place to chat and eat with friends.

The cocktails are cheap! The food is worth the price.

Their coffee is good too.

The only negative point I have to give is the fact we had quite a wait for our bill. The later it got, the less attentive the staff became but that's it.

Would I go again? Yep! Absolutely! Great for birthdays or an informal meal. Loved it.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and the food was lovely. I had smokey bbq'd chicken. Was so hungry i thought i would be able to eat 2 lots but i was so full after one i couldn't even manage dessert which never happens. It did take a while to arrive but they were busy. A little expensive.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate before going to see a show, we had booked on-line for 5.30 but arrived an hour early and that was no problem seated straight away. We had Mexican in Vagas in January and found the taste for it, ok not as good as Vagas but still a good meal lots of flavour and pleanty to eat. Service Very Good, cocktails nice and at no time did you feel rushed to eat and leave as the tables filled up. Worth a try if you like to try something New.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I enjoyed our visit but I did find chimichanga a little pricey for what is was. The wine in particular was not very special and quite expensive. The decor is nice, service ok I just begrudge paying a lot for average food just because all the restaurants in the centre charge similar prices. Go a bit further afield and try somewhere independent.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We ate here on Good Friday evening. We were seated immediately, though the place was buzzing. We were concerned that service would be slow because of this but we didn't wait long for anything. The margaritas were ok, well-priced for what you got.

The food was better than I was expecting. We had eaten at Chiquito's before and thought it would be on par with that but this was much better: fresher, tastier with more zing. I had the mushroom fajitas which I loved. The vegetables were fresh and still had good texture. The sides were all delicious. My partner had the steak which he said was excellent and a bit of a bargain compared to competitors such as las iguanas around the corner, where it was much pricier.

For dessert I had key lime pie which was a tad disappointing as it was more of a basic lime cheesecake than a classic key lime pie. I wish I had ordered the giant profiteering filled with kahlua mousse like my partner did. It was the tastiest, classiest dessert I have seen for ages.

This place offers dependable food and competent service at a fair price. It would a solid lunch or early evening meal bet.