TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,403 results
All reviews groupon deal cardiff castle opposite the castle three course meal lovely hotel third floor millennium stadium city centre room was large tea and coffee a lovely stay car parking cooked breakfast principality foyer concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice stay as always. Close to the town, the stadium, eating places, everything on hand you could possibly need.Clean & tidy, breakfasts are always good with a very good selection to set you up for the day. We come every year for the speedway and have stayed here for a few years now.

Date of stay: September 2019
RichardS9186, General Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sharon P,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear that you regularly visit us and enjoy our service we provide. Please bear in mind that Speedway bedrooms fill up very quickly so book early to avoid disappointment.

We hopefully will see you in 2020!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel . Stones throw from principality stadium where the speedway was expensive though 200 a room for one night . Going to speedway next year hoping to find somewhere a bit cheaper but prob wont be as near ! Cant have everything .

Trip type: Traveled with family
RichardS9186, General Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ros b,

Thank you for your review. Due to the demand in the city during Speedway, all hotels increase their prices as you have noticed. I would recommend booking sooner rather than later for July next year as they book up very quickly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived late afternoon at The Angel Hotel. I went to reception and was greeted by a smiling and friendly young lady who sorted out my car parking, gave me details of my room and sorted out an early morning take-away breakfast....before giving me my room entrance card. My room was on the third floor and I took the lift. The room was clean and the bathroom exceptionally clean (I am fussy and notice these things).

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear belgfrnk,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased to read that both the staff and cleanliness were up to a high standard and represented the Hotel well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Downstairs was nice but rooms terrible.
Small
Paintwork old and peeling
Was charged £477 for 2 nights, breakfast and parking charges were not included

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Natalie G,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry you felt your rooms did not justify the rate charged over the Speedway weekend. Please rest assured that your comments will be looked into with our maintenance team in order to remedy any concerns raised. I hope when mentioned to the team at the team they helped to rectify anything at the time for you, however as you can imagine the rate is inflated due to the Speedway event in Cardiff, thus doesn't reflect our normal rates for our 3 star hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This very beautiful establishment was a spontaneous booking, but, it was a luxurious place to rest our heads.
The front of house staff were brilliant and the breakfast was delicious.
Although the decor in the bathroom needed attention... we just loved the view!
We may well book for next July speedway GP

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear suethorpe768,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning next year. Please bear in mind the demand for bedrooms during Speedway are high so I would advise to book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.