“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
somerset
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just returned from a two night break, on a groupon deal. Room clean spacious and comfortable. Ate in the restaurant the first night, food good. Would not choose to stay at weekends again, as much too busy for us, but an acceptable experience and would recommend.

Room Tip: Room facing road better outlook than other side(car park) and not noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

On arrival, lovely staff who couldn't do enough for you and very welcoming. Staff are a credit in all departments of this hotel, nothing is too much trouble for any of them and make your stay more homely as if you are one of the family.

Rooms very welcoming with enough space and well equipped for what you need. Tea and Coffee facility welcome tray, TV in your room. No wardrobes but who needs them anyway.... Very clean throughout and bathroom stocked with towels and complimentary supplements, soaps, hair and shower gel. Temperature in room can be set to how you like, including heating if it is cold.

Parking is free and great choice of selection for breakfast.

Staff will help if you are wanting to go out to get you from A to B and give good advice. Overall extremely impressed. Park and Ride is not to far away and you cannot get lost.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 305 and our children who are teenagers in room 310. Beds a little hard but overall...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
antonybates, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear DorsetAngel12,

Thanks so much for your review, and many happy returns!

It gives me great pride to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I never tire of hearing that our team have made such a great impression on our guests. Be assured that your comments will be communicated to all of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North soon!

Antony Bates
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband, 10 month old baby and I stayed here on family business. I will never stay here again.
We asked for a cot/crib with our reservation, confirmed it by phone a week before, confirmed with reception at check in, but it wasn't here when we arrived at the room.
The room is freezing, for some reason the front desk controls the thermostat. Called three times to get the heat on, they said they would do it. Kept waiting, finally at 10pm someone came up to put it on, our baby was cold and overtired. I was freezing and angry.
All night doors are slamming, people are partying in the hall and in the room next door (walls are paper thin, heard the post party hook up too. Thankfully the baby slept through that). Clearly with this kind of clientele management must control the thermostat.
Bathroom has a funky smell each time we flush the toilet. Not sure what that is about, don't like it.
I am writing this review at 2:45am, the party rages on. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Amsinuk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As discussed in our email conversation earlier this week, it is clear that we have let you down.

I would like to once again apologise that you were disturbed by some of our less considerate guests.

I also offer my most sincere personal apologies that we failed to live up to the standards of service that we are proud of. As I stated in my email, the issue you encountered with the temperature of the room, was caused by a technical issue-and not that we had controlled it.

As promised, your refund has been processed, and I will be in touch directly once I have been notified to ensure that you have received it.

It is always disappointing when we get it wrong and please rest assured that our procedures have been reviewed. I would also hope that our actions since your stay have gone someway to restore your faith in the hotel.

As per my email, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Antony Bates
Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel recently and were extremely impressed with the service and high standards of cleanliness of rooms and ensuites. Rooms and bathrooms were spacious - parking free and friendly staff.great choice on breakfasts and whole operation very well managed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kamlesh R
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great Hotel. Had a good deal £80 for two nights with breakfast for the four of us. Electrics were playing up in our room but was sorted out quickly. No noise from nearby Duel carrage way. Rooms are of a good standard and very clean. Park and ride only half a mile up the road which takes you the three miles to Cardiff for £3. (last bus was 20:00) Much better than Travelodge and Premmier Inn for quality.Will use this hotel again for a short break in Cardiff.

1 Thank joneskid
Tavistock Devon
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked the hotel for four nights whilst l was visiting my elderly parents. I had an amazing deal so was expecting a budget hotel but was very pleasantly suprised. My room was spacious and immaculate and the bathroom was modern, well fitted and had an excellent shower. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding of a good quality as were the towels. Generous amounts of tea, coffee. Excellent sound proofing despite being right next to a very busy road there was no noise and the temperature of the room was easy to control. BUT by far the best aspect of the hotel are the staff who are a real credit to the organisation. Everyone was friendly and helpful but a special mention must go to Dan Evans on reception who went the extra mile to be kind and helpful. I found myself wishing l was the 'undercover boss' so l hope the management take notice of these reviews. What an asset to your company this young man is. Not only did he ring the internet support line to help me access the internet from my room but he greeted me by name, enquired about my parents, made a point of telling me about special offers and making sure l had booked my breakfast. I also observed him booking other customers in and dealing with enquires. He has an excellent balance of professionalism and friendliness and was very competent and knowledgable.

Room Tip: I had problems accessing the internet in room 126
1 Thank JuliaTavistockDevon
telford shropshire
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel ,its location is very close to motorway and not too far from the ctry centre.
We found it to be clean ,all members of staff we had dealings with went out of their way to help (breakfast staff included).
Breakfast was very good with ample choice ,if you didnt have enough it was your own fault.
Also nothing was in shortage considering hotel seemed to be full and breakfast room was full to capacity so well done to the chef and his staff for not letting anything run out which must be very difficult with so many people coming in too eat at same time.
If we are ever in Cardiff again we would stay here without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple