“A Huge Relief”

Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Haydock, United Kingdom
“A Huge Relief”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Following a visit to the Park Inn in Harlow I was mortified when I had learned that my Company had booked me into this hotel such was my disappointment in Harlow, however, what a pleasant surprise from the Gentleman on reception who was really helpful and although not from the area managed to find directions to the offices that I was visiting, the restaurant was pleasant and clean and food good, the staff where outstanding friendly and helpful.
It has restored my faith in this chain of hotels and will gladly return here in the future. Well Done.

Room Tip: Away from the Main Road as traffic noise is alittle annoying but to be honest it is not too loud, bu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tomt1230
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations during your stay at the hotel and we are very grateful that you have taken the time to write a review too! Please do not hesitate to use us again while we are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Spent last weekend in Cardiff for the Wales v Scotland 6 nations rugby match. Had booked it last July as the prices were pretty respectable considering the International match that was on.
Must say some of the reviews had me doubting what I had booked but we stuck with it and I am glad that we did.
My mate and I arrived into Cardiff airport and got the free bus to the rail station. Timings worked out well as we waited 10 minutes and then arrived within minutes of the hourly train, (on Saturday mornings)
We caught a taxi from Cardiff centre to the hotel, and this is my one gripe, it costs 10GBP to get out there. We heard some stories of customers being charged over twice as much so worth asking.
We had phoned ahead of checkin and was pleasantly surprised that checking in early was no problem. They would have held our bags too if the room was not ready.
On arrival, 2 burly rugby lads, found that the twin room that had been requested had what appeared to be 1 double bed!!! No problem though, a misunderstanding on the room had not had the guest bed made up. The Housekeeping manager was duly depatched and within 5 minutes we had 2 seperate beds. Result!
The room was a family room and was clean and spacious, with everything you would expect, and certainly everything that we needed.
Would I go back, yes, although for convenience and cost I would want to be slightly closer to town to avoid the taxi fares. On that point it was 30GBP to the airport, however using the airport taxis out would have cost far more.

Room Tip: room 303 faces a school and quiet road. It was a weekend so no noise from the school.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations during your stay at the hotel and very grateful that you have taken the time to write a review too! Please do not hesitate to your us again.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Booked 2 rooms, one twin, one disabled for my arthritic father. Disabled room was over 100 yards from the main reception. There was no wheelchair, so we had to use the evacu-chair which was very small and uncomfortable. When we booked the disabled room there was no mention that it was so far from reception, otherwise we would have taken our own wheelchair.

At breakfast, a waitress was extremely rude. There were no teaspoons on the table, so I took two from the next table. The waitress came over and shouted "put them back where you found them". Another waitress brought teaspoons and apologised for the other waitress. The rude waitress was then removed from the dining room. At the end of breakfast she came to the table and aplogised.

We definitely will NOT be returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear MoP3

First of all please accept my apologies for our shortcomings. Please let me assure you that it is not our usual standard and if you are kind enough to give my team another chance I would like to prove our true Yes I can spirit.
I am very sorry that the location of the disable room was not pointed out to you during the reservation I will also make sure that your valuable remark will be taken on board and will make sure that this will not happen again.

Can I please give you my email address dorota.pilinska-price@rezidorparkinn.com and ask you to write to me with your details and I will make sure that your dissatisfaction is compensated.

Dorota
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night in December for a works night out in Cardiff.Hotel well situated not far from the M4 and not far from the centre (about a 5 min taxi ride).Hotel not much to look at from the outside but inside is quite smart looking, front of house staff were polite and nicely presented.Rooms were large with big comfy beds and a large shower room,Cannot comment on the food but the my work mate said the food was hot and tasty.The price was reasonable for a hotel of this standard and would highly recommend staying here if working nearby,would gladly stay again,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear ARCHIE200

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Entire Park Inn team would like to welcome you again here in Cardiff in near future. hopefully you are be visiting our area soon.

With Best Regards

Dorota Pilinska-Price ( General Manager )
Wokingham
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night and paid well over the odds for a very basic hotel. I have stayed in Travel Lodges and Premier Inns where the rooms were larger and had better furniture at less than half the price. (£170) The door to the room did not fit so rattled everytime anyone moved past in the corridor. Toiletries were minimal; no bath. At 3 am we were woken by the phone and told by reception that someone had reported that we were smoking in the room. This, despite the fact that we had specified a non-smoking room when booking (surely something that could have been checked) and there is a smoke alarm very central in the tiny room! No apology. We reported this incident to the duty manager the next morning who told us no report of the incident had been made. We requested that the manager, call us the next day to discuss the matter - a week later, and after trying to speak to her three times, we are still waiting. Breakfast was in a small room and very basic with items running out. Don't stay here. It was my first and very probably my last visit to a Radisson hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dorota27, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Mrs Marion Bowles,

I hope our telephone conversation and appology letter I have send to you will help to restore your faith in our services. I am looking forward to your replay .

"Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention as it is only through constructive feedback such as this that we can maintain and improve the standards upheld in our Hotels.

I was very disappointed to hear of the problems and please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of service that you encountered. I would also like to add that comments such as yours are extremely rare and certainly not representative of our usually excellent level of customer care and guest satisfaction.

By the way of an apology and in an attempt to restore your faith in our Hotel I would like to offer you a 50% discount for your future accommodation at our hotel as well as complimentary dinner during your next stay.

I hope that our actions and my comments above go some way to restoring your faith in our hotel and that next time you require accommodation in Cardiff you will consider us for your accommodation requirements.

Please just let me know when you are ready to make your reservation.

Yours Sincerely

Dorota Pilinska-Price
"
Durham
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed at the park inn north due to business. Normally I would stay at a different hotel but it was booked out.
Car park and finding it are easy which is a bonus but thats about it.
No receptionist - simply a sign saying 'be back soon' mmmm okay so how do you check in? waited for a good 20mins before a barman sauntered over to help.
Room was okay - nicely furnished, but no bath which I found odd but not a major issue. the big thing for me was security - my door had clearly been kicked in so the chain was not working. Gave me great feeling being a single female traveller!
Air con unit was also odd - great when it worked but I stayed for 4 nights and by the end was so tired as it woke me each morning at 3am gurgling and spluttering - even when it was switched off??????
Tried the gym - avoid. It was disgusting - basic which is fine, but dirty and dusty. should be ashamed to be open.
I didn't eat in the hotel after colleagues had warned me about their 2hr wait for food and also they didn't eat their meals as it didn't look properly cooked. However they said breakfast was fine and tasty. The bar was not nice or comfy to sit in at night, so we actually went to a different hotel most evenings.
In terms of location really handy - but I would avoid until they put some effort into this hotel especially into the service. What was embarrassing was the hotel was full of an american tour - I can only imagine what they thought of this UK hotel!! the standards were terrible.
My advice - stay away, only use if absolutely necessary and you pay a heavily discounted rate to stay there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Polly10

Since your last stay we have made a large investment in the gym area and now recently the gym was reopened with brand new equipment after full refurbishment last month.
The airconditioning units have aslo been repaired so you should not be experiencing any discomfort again.
Calstock, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Me and my partner stayed at the Park Inn Cardiff North as we were attending a wedding function in the city centre. The staff at the hotel we so polite and helpful, they booked us a taxi when we arrived to drop us to the venue and called our room to tell us it had arrived. They were all very cheerful and very good at their jobs. The room we had was on the first floor, amazingly clean and beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent value for money with loads of different items to choose from. The hotel is in a great location. It was easily accesible from the M4 and it only cost us £10 for a taxi to the city centre. We would definatly use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Samantha-Jayne C,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your kind words :)
It was a pleasure to have You here in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you in Cardiff North again in the near future.

Dorota Pilinska-Price