Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Greendown Inn Hotel(Saint Georges-super-Ely)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Wynford Hotel(Cardiff)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,190 results
All reviewsretail parklake viewculverhouse crosscity centrebit datedleisure facilitiessteam roomclub roomironing boardbusy roadone night staybuffet stylefree parkingnight's sleepcomfy bedsaturday nightafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is so 'tired' it is almost asleep! It is an utterly dreadful hotel and I would urge any traveller to find somewhere else to stay. For a start, the hotel is dirty in just about every respect and here I can do no better than refer you to comments made by previous reviewers.

Yes, my bathroom was filthy; yes, I had hairs on my pillows too; and, yes, the common parts of the building are dated, worn and scruffy. The whole place does indeed smell. The staff are poorly trained, the food is appalling and, yes again, the hotel represents incredibly poor value for money.

There was a time, a couple of decades ago, when I was 'on the road', when I used to stay in Copthorne hotels all over the world. What on earth has happened to this brand? It's now just a complete disgrace.

Not only will I never stay in this awful hotel again, but I will never, ever, stay in a Copthorne hotel again, anywhere.

The manager at this hotel should be put on a formal warning - sort it out, or get out!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Full stop.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Hotel was really good, the room was very comfortable and extremely good value for money!
Breakfast in the morning was excellent with plenty of choice. The staff throughout the Hotel were helpful and friendly. I will probably return for a weekend away with my partner I really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Came to Cardiff for the rugby match which was a birthday treat for my husband. Stayed the night before for the same price in a beautiful hotel in Hereford. Came to the Copthorne expecting a reasonable standard and was appalled. The room smelt awful, of feet and dirty vacuum cleaner, and was cold. The bed linen did not smell clean and was marked and there were hairs on the pillow and duvet. The bathroom smelt of drains, the plughole was full of hair and the bath was filthy. The staff were scruffy and uncaring, all except the two receptionists who were the only redeeming feature of the hotel. The decor is dull, tatty and dated. We had a panini in the evening which took ages to come and was average with stale crisps. The orange juice at breakfast was either very diluted or chemically manufactured as noted by another reviewer.
The most awful part was the extortionate and frankly immoral cost of the room.
We paid £187.98 for what was a complete rip-off, made worse by our excellent experience the night before in Hereford for the same money. I would have walked out but for the fact that my husband's treat was to see the rugby and the weather was too awful to drive home to Warwickshire.
Shame on you, Copthorne!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A large bustling hotel with friendly staff and welcome. Room comfortable and large but very dated decor! I think we got a free upgrade as I had called to tell them we were on our ''mini-moon'; when I called they said 'oh we don't really do that here....' So maybe we just got lucky with our Connoisseurs room. We had breakfast at the Marks and Spencer cafe over the road as the hotel breakfast was nearly £14.... We stayed for one night for a wedding nearby and it was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

First the good things: plenty of parking, staff were welcoming and helpful.The rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable.
The bad things: breakfast was woeful, composed of vastly inferior quality components; We use the word advisedly as the chemical nature of what was proffered as fruit juice seemed to be a chemical assembly rather than a gift of nature. The bacon was not much better and the beans worse. Cheap nasty bread and inferior preserves ensured a bad start to a dyspeptic day.
The decor was jaded, tired, heavy and oppressive.
The wi-fi, which cost extra, was more miss than hit; the tokens issued expired before you started, or at least that is what it said when you logged in

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple