“Lovely Hotel In Great Location”

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with family and friends for a weekend during the summer. It's a lovely place and ideally situated in the city centre which is where we needed to be. It is also within walking distance of the train station. The interior is very modern without being over the top and the staff on reception were always very friendly and polite.

As a wheelchair user, I opted for a disabled room which wasn't ideal it has to be said. The room was very small and crammed with furniture so I had no turning space for my wheelchair - I had enough room to manoeuvre forward and backwards - that was it. The bathroom had a wide doorway but the door to the room was narrow as usual. The bathroom consisted of a bath which was adequate but a shower would be so much easier. The hotel was very clean though and I would certainly stay here again. The only downside apart from the less than ideal wheelchair accessible room was that one part of the bar which leads out to one part of the outdoor seating area has steps, so I couldn't access either of these areas in my wheelchair.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

999 - 1,005 of 1,472 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

A typical pretty soulless hotel I'm afraid. That said, it's close to the station, clean, good service and not expensive. My room had two double beds which could have slept two adults and two children. Breakfast was decent, though not huge amounts of choice. Sausages were good.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this hotel. Very friendly staff, clean comfy rooms. Only 5 minutes walk from Cardiff central train station, very central for shops, clubs and restaurants.
Will use again next time I go to stay in Cardiff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with an extended family group and we all had a great time. The staff were lovely, all the facilities, rooms etc were clean and modern. The only slight issue was that the parking was described as on-site, but actually it was in an adjacent building with quite difficult access to the hotel, especially if you are in a wheelchair, as my mother was.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited recently to celebrate my husband's Birthday and also our 1st Wedding Anniversary. The stay started well with an easy check in with a very helpful and pleasant young lady.

Our room was on the 8th floor and was an executive room with lovely views over Cardiff. It was very clean and the bed was huge! Everything was provided and we could not fault the room at all.

We used the gym and swimming pool, my only issue here was that the pool was absolutely freezing. I struggled to put more than a foot in here and this forced even children into the hot tub which shouldn't be used by kids anyway for health reasons.

Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice to suit everyone and it was also a very simple check out.

All in all a lovely stay, would definitely return and recommend. A great hotel in a fab location

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairejo1984
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having looked at the range of hotels available in the centre of Cardiff I was spoilt for choice, but I chose the Marriott due to the location and the swimming pool, and I wasn't disappointed.

Staying for just one night, to explore the city with a friend, we were very pleased with the spacious room featuring two double beds as described when we booked. The staff on reception were very friendly while still being professional, and asked about our stay in the city. After a trip to Cardiff Bay we enjoyed the use of the swimming pool and sauna, which are a great asset for the hotel.

The hotel is directly opposite some of the liveliest bars in Cardiff, but this wasn't a problem; we were still able to sleep with the window open in a room on the sixth floor, although this may not have been ideal for those wanting a quiet location. Being only a few minutes walk from the station, and also offering left luggage facilities, the Marriott was extremely convenient for our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank chrisboon
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Marriott Hotel is in a great location for the shopping centre. Hotel was clean with pleasant staff and a large varied breakfast menu. The hotel as a large underground secure carpark, I would recommend this hotel staying in Cardiff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple