“Good quality clean accomodation for a reasonable price.”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good quality clean accomodation for a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Just stayed at the Park Inn for 1 night as a trip away for the sake of it. The hotel is conveniently located right in the middle of the City Centre, right next to the new St David's centre and is very easy to find. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean, bed was comfy and the cooked breakfast was very tasty (although a little on the pricey side at £12.99 - we got it included as part of a deal, wouldn't have paid this price myself!) The only slight criticism I have is the car park which is rather small and costs £10 to park overnight - this is well advertised in advance though so not really a complaint or grumble, just me being too lazy to look else where. Overall would certainly recommend this hotel as it is excellent value for money and the location is also top class!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Had a night out with Work and also there was a meal arranged in Hotel. Started in Bar and that was lovely then had a meal which was extremely good..
The hotel room was clean/large and apart from being a little worn and in need of new furniture it was fine.
It was a little noisy outside with police/ambulances going along to scrape up Revellers in town centre but i expected that due to location.
On the note of location, fab for all Cardiff events.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank muchbeer
West London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of Aug 2010. On arrival into our room (Room 202) it was very hot and stuffy and the window only tilts open. They provide you with a fan but it just circulates HOT air so i went down to reception on the first night and was told that only 10% of the hotel has air conditioned rooms. The air con rooms were fully booked that night so we stayed one night in the standard room and were then moved the next morning. The air conned rooms were brilliant and alot cooler and more superior to the standard rooms and we were fine for the last two nights. Hotel is very central to everything. You can walk everywhere so we didnt need to use the car at all. We managed to find parkingon the road side which costs £3.50 a day instead of £10 for 24 hours in the hotel car park or NCP. All in all a great stay once we were upgraded free of charge to an air conned room. Didnt eat at the hotel as there were so many restaurants around but definately worth it for the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel was booked through a deal on lastminute.com for £60. I arrived on a Sunday night on one of the hottest days of the year and was faced with a room at the end of the corridor on the 5th floor with no air conditioner in the bedroom. The room faced the new St Davids shopping centre, however, the window could only be opened a fraction for health and safety reasons meaning air couldn't circulate in the room. As I checked in on Sunday evening and was due to check out on Monday morning I didn't bother to change rooms, but if I was staying for longer I would definitely have requested a new room.

I went out to have dinner and purely to escape the stifling heat of my hotel room and the surrounding corridors. The temperature in my room had barely changed on my return and was stuffy. I had to sleep with the windows closed because of the traffic noise and it was unbearable.

For £60 I'm not sure the room wasn't worth the money especially compared to the other hotels available within close proximity. The room had an quite an old looking radiator and a cupboard used to hold a mini-bar fridge which had been removed?! Everything is a little bit dated and it definitely isn't worthy of a four star status. I would not come here at full price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stayed here on business. I found the hotel clean, modern, pleasant and good value. It looks like an older hotel that's been given a facelift, so the rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are new. I was very happy with the experience, and it was good value too. I'd stay here again. The weather wasn't very warm when I stayed, so can't comment on quality of air conditioning, but my room looked into the enclosed hotel reception rather than out onto the road so you wouldn't be able to let the fresh air in.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

I required a hotel close to the Cardiff Central Station as my train was early in the morning and I did not want to have to travel a lot to get to the station at that time of the morning. I chose this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed. Great location (5 mins walk from the station & city centre area). Beds were really comfortable, and got a great night sleep as it was noisy.

I would recommend booking in advance to get a good rate, as I booked about 10-12 days before the stay and it was a bit expensive for 2 nights for 2 ppl.

I will be staying there again next year.

F.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Poole, Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at the Park Inn to see a concert at the Millenium Stadium. The room was very expensive £195 for ONE night! Usually happens when a big event comes to town! Anyway we accepted we had to pay over the top as all the hotels were booked up (we booked 5months in advance. The hotel was in a good location just opposite Cardiff International Arena, St David's FANTASTIC shopping centre just minutes away, and 10min walk to Millenium Stadium and Cardiff Central rail station. Breakfast included very good buffet! The only real draw back was that the rooms are not air conditioned - it was VERY hot during our stay and it was very uncomfortable to sit in and sleep, the hotel had put a large fan in our room but this offered little relief. The lifts worked on & off that weekend - may have been the weather affecting everything! Staff were VERY VERY polite and helpful and couldn't do enough. It was a shame about the price & the air con - there are many hotels in the surrounding area which are newer! I'm sure it's cheaper at less popular times and cooler weather would make it better!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple