“1 night stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good location being city centre, good varied and plentyful breakfast. On arrival several noisey people at the front door, quite loud music inside, i could even hear it in my room, 224,

The room was passable, although a little more attention to cleanliness wouldn't go amiss.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken up the issue of noise with my team to make sure that guests are not inconvenienced because of the level of noise from other guests or from ongoing hotel function. In the future if the problem occurs please dial ‘0’ and our team will be more than proactive to deal with your issue.
Again, many thanks for your time to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to this wonderful city.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night mid-week with colleagues in December 2013.

Work had booked this hotel for 3 of us as we were attending a conference over 2 days in the city. We know Cardiff relatively well so finding the hotel was fairly easy - it's right next to the Motorpoint Arena. We were able to get a space in the hotel's underground car park (£12 for 24 hours), which is quite reasonable - St. David's 2 shopping centre's car park is also adjacent if there aren't spaces and is similarly priced, though would be a 10 minute walk from your car to the hotel via lifts etc. Location-wise, it's ideal as it's right in the heart of the city centre.

We left the car and returned later in the day to check in, which was relatively smooth despite the fact there was only one person on the desk. I was allocated a double room on the 3rd floor - the lifts weren't the quickest but did work okay.

The room was a good size, had a desk, chair, plenty of hanging space, tea & coffee facilities, flat screen TV, iron & ironing board and a coffee table and chair - the room had a view of John Lewis next door (see the photo). Everything was clean and tidy - the bed linen was also spotless. The bed was comfortable and didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms.

The bathroom was a good size too - no issues with hot water or water pressure. However, when I came back from breakfast before check-out, there was water coming through the light fitting in the bathroom from the floor above - I reported this on check-out but the receptionist didn't seem that bothered, despite the fact I pointed out a lot of water had accumulated in only a short space of time!

Breakfast was great - didn't have any problems getting a table and there was a good selection: full English (eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, hash browns, tomato, black pudding), continental (croissants, pastries, pain au chocolat etc.), yogurts and fresh fruit, as well as juices and tea & coffee.

Overall, despite the bathroom leak, I'd consider using this hotel again, especially if the price was good as the location is ideal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am happy that you had a great stay and you also shared your experience with photographs here. As you said that we do take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city closer to all the major events and attractions that the city has to offer.
I do apologies that the issue of water leakage by the light was not dealt with much consideration on check out, be rest assured that I have taken all the internal measures to make sure that these issues don’t reoccur.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you to this wonderful city.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I ll make this short and sweet, my and I stayed on new years eve. the room was dirty big stains on carpet bathroom poor state of repair. reception quick, checking in and out. location is excellent, but this hotel could do with a good make over top to bottom. I ll never stay here again.

Room Tip: don't book room 122

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to give us some constructive feedback. I am disappointed to see that you didn’t have a good stay. I am aware that there are areas of the hotel that are in need of refurbishment and we are planning for a soft refurb this year.
Again, my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We parked in the Hotel underground car park (£12 for 24 hours) & it wouldn't accept credit cards so we had to go to the cash machine - not a good start, apparently the Hotel do not run the car park & anyone can use it whether they are a guest or not (you cannot reserve a place in advance).

There was a queue of 12 people at check-in with one receptionist on duty – come on! We were asked at check-in if we wanted to reserve a table for dinner in the restaurant that evening, we said we’d get back to them as we weren’t sure (more on this later).

The room was average at best, the whole place is overdue a facelift.

As it was close to Christmas we decided that the restaurants near the Hotel would be very busy so when we returned to our room from shopping we called the Hotel restaurant to book a table only to be told that there was a function in the restaurant that evening so no guests could use it! We were offered room service so we could sit on the bed & eat dinner – no thanks!

Overall a very poor stay, we wouldn’t recommend it & wouldn’t stay here again until it has been refurbished.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I am very surprised with your situation with the car park as since October we have a Card machine which has been installed in the car park to enable our guest an added facility.
I do apologies for the inconvenience that our restaurant being fully booked on account of the function must have caused and I can understand that the alternative for room service must not have been ideal.
I agree with you that there are areas of the hotel which are in need of refurbishment and you would be pleased to know that we are planning a soft refurb this year.
Please be assured that we have taken all the internal measures to make sure that issues like these don’t reoccur. I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

On arriving at hotel I was made to feel welcome, the room was immaculate. Perfect location. Good selection of drinks and breakfast fit for a king! The only gripe I had was on booking I advised we had a car to be told thats ok we have a car park, on arrival I was informed it was full.. had to park elsewhere.
Definitely would return

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in March 2013 overnight, as we was off to the one direction concert it was great as we was opposite the arena so no rushing. Staff very friendly and helpful, reception area is very modern and clean. Our room was great very clean and catered to all our needs. Beds were very very comfy! Breakfast was great too! Would defiantly recommend and would return!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay along with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that their effort was appreciated at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked in for a night which was good value at under £60 per room including breakfast. The room itself was OK but there were some cobwebs in the corners of the room and on waking next morning the window steamed up due to poor ventilation (I could have opened the window!). The tea/coffee in the room seems to be going the way of most with just 2 tea bags, coffee sachets and 4 pots of milk. I do recall with there was plenty of tea, coffee and milk.

The breakfast was really good and plenty of everything, arrived around 0830 which was good because by 0900 it was getting full.

The staff throughout were friendly & helpful. Car parking underneath the hotel has also changed, it's now pay and display (card facility wasn't working when I arrived so had to find cash) and the downside of this is that shoppers are using the car park despite the notice that the car park is for hotel users only. This is a major drawback for me, I tend to book this hotel during busy holiday periods etc as public card parks tends to be full.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with no external windows, and when booking there was no twin/double bed on offe...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable feedback.I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team and be rest assured that all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues don’t reoccur.In terms of the tea coffee etc in the room next time just give us a call to our reception and we will get ample enough to the room.
Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon.