“Good, but noisy. ”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting Cardiff on business. Good hotel with fantastic location! Hotel was very noisy though due to Xmas parties being held in the hotel and being right next door to the Motorpoint Arena. ( I didn't mind the noise so much as I can sleep through anything). The rooms are comfortable with all the usual facilities included such as desk, tea & coffee, hair dryer, iron & ironing board and a safe. Breakfast was usual Buffett style choice of continental and/or cooked breakfast & Restaurant menu for evening meals was varied.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katie S
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff at this platform.
next time please let us know we could get you a room away from noice.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Mahesh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stopped at the Park Inn for a concert at the Motorpoint Arena on arrival we parked in the underground car park which is handy but I think it should be free for guests and a space reserved when booking we checked in at reception where the staff provided great service and advised us that we were being upgraded to a business class room at no extra cost which was really nice the room was modern well decorated and clean and the bed was large and comfortable the only thing that wasn't ideal was the position of the electric point for drying your hair! Breakfast staff were helpful and friendly with a good choice of food which was buffet style. Bar staff were very professional and attentive. We will be planning to stop at the Park Inn in Cardiff for the next concert we attend.

Room Tip: Try and book a high floor room not on the car park entrance side because of the noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jollyjohnwales

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights as a family treat. Excellent location for concert venue and shopping. We had a junior suite which cost us £110 per night so out expectations were high
room size was great but apart from that it all went downhill, in the lounge area the carpets and sofas were badly stained, the lighting in both lounge and bedroom was atrocious, girls if you need to put makeup on you cant see what your doing very well, electric heaters not working so there was a small standalone heater provided, room and corridor outside smelt damp, bed was very hard as were the pillows, we had to ask for extra bedding as it was cold, there was 3 guests in the room but only provision for 2 guests, on arrival a member of staff bought up a tea plate with 2 truffles on to welcome us not 3.
Apart from the fact that it is in a very good location you get just as good service and quality of room from a premier inn

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time in writing your feedback.Really disappointed to see your feed back and my sinciere apology for the inconvienience caused.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on my email maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com and I am more than happy to assist you.

warm Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This room was originally booked for November (for 72 pound) however due to a family grievance I was unable to attend and unable to attend I thought it best to change the date to a night I would be able to stay and make use of the room rather than lose the 72 quid. I was asked to pay another 28 pound to change the date to the 14th December to which i obliged and gave my card details over the phone to a polite lady and upon checking my bank I could see the transaction had happened.
Upon arriving and trying to park in the car park under the hotel, I scratched the side of my car as another
car had been parked completely out of a space
making it extremely hard to manoeuvre, turns out none of the 30 or so spaces were free anyway so had to park a few minutes away and arrive at the hotel drenched from the rain. The gentleman who checked me in could not be faulted and was fantastic. The room itself was also very nice. However upon checking out I was told that I still had 28 pound left to pay I explained tha I this had had already been paid over the phone and the matter was discussed at length, the guy on the counter told me not to worry and I left. Only to see this morning that ANOTHER 28 pound has been taken out of my account.

Thouroughly disappointed considering I only booked this hotel in November as ot was the only one available for the rugby which I was unable to attend with a friend due to a funeral. I've come away £128 poorer with a scratch on my car due to poor observation and control of the small car park downstairs. I hope the poor guy parked so stupidly didn't scratch his poor car.

• Stayed: December 2013

warm Regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Park Inn several times over the years and have always found it good and staff friendly.
On this occasion it was disappointing to find the carpets dirty and in desperate need of replacing, wallpaper flaking and old chewing gum on the bedroom carpet. Don't get me wrong the rooms are adequate and you really can't fault the location. Directly opposite the Motorpoint Arena and John Lewis two minutes away.
Car parking costs £12 per 24 hours and you maybe lucky to get a space.
We stayed for 2 nights as it was convenient for the Millenium Centre where we watched Singing in the Rain which was fab.
Four o'clock this morning we were woken by female voices shouting and screaming in the corridor. We eventually went out to see what was happening and it appeared 3 young girls had invited some lads back to their room which had clearly gone wrong. They were very loud and drunk and there was clearly no concern for other guests.
Breakfast is in the restaurant area and really plentiful - full cooked , cereal, fruit etc is on offer and the staff are polite, helpful and friendly. Unfortunately nobody challenged two females who came in their bedwear!! Pyjamas and nightdress. Other guests were clearly shocked as this was totally inappropriate.
Sadly the reception staff were not that helpful. They did not ask if everything was ok so at that point it seemed pointless to tell them about the escapades of the night. It was only when an elderly guest informed them of a noise on a different floor that I felt the need to say something as one of the male receptionists was rude and loud so I did say that he was not professional and his customer service was non existent which I think took him by surprise!
You can't blame the cleaning staff for the tired and dated rooms as they did a good job.
Would we stay here again - sadly no.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DawnQuorn
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you had a lot of issues during your stay. Please let me assure you that we have a no tolerance policy towards noise issues, all one needs to do is dial ‘o’ from their rooms and our management team will take care of the issue straight away.
I do apologise for you not being asked for feedback on checkout, and I have made sure that these procedures are followed without fail as we do realise that constructive feedback like yours are an important tool that enables us to fine tune our operations.
I hope that this experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact myself if you need to discuss this any further.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed in December while Xmas party going on! The music could be heard all through hotel,people arguing and fighting in corridors !
It was like being on a 18-30 holiday! Complained during night twice and called security to sort fighting! Very little sleep, save your money and stay at raddison blu accross street instead!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Kate P
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that your stay was disrupted because of the noise caused by our other guests. Please let me assure you that our hotel has a no tolerance policy towards noise caused on the corridors or in the room on the middle of the night, all you have to do is dial ‘0’ and our 24 hour reception team will make sure that the issue is dealt with straight away.
I have investigated with my team about your situation and I think I do need to let you know that the group that were making noise were asked to leave the hotel by our security thereby avoiding any further inconvenience to our guests.
Again, many thanks for the time taken to write this feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to chance to serve you better.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

These days there are many hotel chains providing good value, relatively simple/standard rooms. Park Inn is mid range in that category. Located conveniently for the big attractions and in an area dominated by similar modern hotels.
Main thing that gets the Park Inn it's top marking is the friendliness of the staff. There is also some fun and funky design in places which adds a bit of character.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business