“Modern hotel, helpful staff”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

These days there are many hotel chains providing good value, relatively simple/standard rooms. Park Inn is mid range in that category. Located conveniently for the big attractions and in an area dominated by similar modern hotels.
Main thing that gets the Park Inn it's top marking is the friendliness of the staff. There is also some fun and funky design in places which adds a bit of character.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the room had to offer.
I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are very happy that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff at this platform.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

To start on a positive note, the staff were plentiful and helpful, reception modern and clean. Excellent location for the Motorpoint Arena. The bed was comfortable.
Then onto the room, very dated, paper peeling off the walls in most places, in one place someone had written on the wallpaper. Crudely filled holes in the walls.
The carpet was ripped and frayed by the bed side cabinet, the lampshade was damaged.
The bathroom needed some attention, shower screen seal had broken away along the bottom, meaning that after having a shower the floor was sopping wet. Also orange mould along the edges of the shower screen. Toilet seat needs replacing, and a new washer on the hot tap.
While looking out of the window I saw a used face wipe on the floor!
I looked for a comment card in the hotel, and we have waited for an email survey from them, as the holiday inn does.
With the new hotels popping up locally i feel a refurbishment is required to keep up. The money spent on the bar and reception and the quality is not in any way reflected in the rooms.
Sadly didn't come as a shock because we had read reviews of the rooms, but after booking!
On our next visit to Cardiff we won't be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola B
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am very disappointed to see that you did not have a good stay.
I can’t agree with you more that there are areas of the hotel which look tired and you would be pleased to know that we have a soft refurbishment planned next year which should enable us to enhance the product for our guests.
I have shared your feedback with the rest of my team so as to make sure that these issues which you encountered are rectified immediately so as to avoid any inconvenience to our future guests.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to write this feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is good, especially for shops and business area (train station is about 10 mins walk). The reception and bar area is very funky. The rooms are typical of this price range so similar standard and style to a Holiday Inn. Car park is quite small so you can't always find a space. I stayed for 3 nights on business and would've liked to see more choice on the menu.

• Stayed: October 2013
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. Yes, we do get a lot of positive feedback about our lobby area being too funky and I am glad that you liked it.
Also I am happy to see that you have a overall pleasant stay and enjoyed all the facilities that our hotel had to offer.
Again, thank you for your time and we will hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here with a friend on a Saturday night. The reception area gives a good initial impression, but the rooms are average in terms of decor. The lighting was poor, with only dim lights, one with a damaged shade in the main part of the room. Comfortable beds and good shower. The main plus of the hotel is its location close to all the shops and restaurants. However we were disturbed several times during the night by people coming into neighbouring rooms, talking loudly, putting TVs on etc.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that your stay was hindered by noise. I would like to assure you that we do have a no tolerance policy for noise caused by other guests and we do rely greatly on our guests to inform us if they are being disturbed because of the noise and our management team deals with the problem straight away, all you have to do is dial ‘0’ from your room and let us know the issue.
As you said about our location which we take immense pride in, being situated right in the middle of the city closer to all the attractions and events the city has to offer.#
Again, thanks for your feedback and hope to see you back when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you are looking for value and location, look no further. This is directly opposite the motorpoint arena... 30 yards at most! So, brilliant if going to a gig.
On the other side it's only 50 yards to john Lewis and all the shops/restaurants.
I booked this 3 or 4 months in advance through booking.com and paid in advance - £60 for a double for a night.
Bargain
The room was modern, clean, bed was quite comfortable. It was also quite dark and quiet, so a good nights sleep was had.
Nice bar area, with surprisingly reasonable priced drinks for a city centre hotel. £3.50 for a pint of becks.

All in all - would definitely return if on a shopping, or eating/drinking city break. Clearly there are more luxurious hotels locally, but for value this was great.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad to see that you had a wonderful stay.
I have also shared your feedback with the rest of my team who are glad that their effort was appreciated at this platform.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in early November, room was spacious and clean with all the normal amenities you would expect. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of Cardiff close to all the major attractions. Breakfast buffet was your standard hotel breakfast. To me this is your average bog standard city centre hotel, nothing wrong with it but also it doesn't have anything that makes it stand out. There are plenty of similar standard hotels close by and unless you have a particular favourite I would go with whichever one is given you the best rate

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I am disappointed to see that we did not live up to your expectation. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team and all corrective actions taken where necessary. I also thought that I would share with you our plans for soft rerurbishment next year which will give the hotel more fresh and modern look.
Again thank you for your time to write this feedback and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm currently staying at this hotel - 2nd night of three night stay. I'm disappointed with the hotel so far. I specifically asked for a quiet room and have been placed above / near to a service doorway. The noise started at 5.30am! The room is cold and this must be a known problem as there is a convector heater in the room. I went to talk to reception about the early morning noise and a problem I had with my room key. The person who helped me with my room key was rather offhand so I decided not to bother talking about my dissatisfaction with the room but to provide feedback on here instead. There are some positives, location, quite a big room and well laid out. But my stay at a different hotel last week was a lot nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Laurabelle68

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you had issues during your stay. I have taken up the issue that your request for quite room was not met by our front office team and all corrective actions have been taken to make sure that these issues don’t re occur in order to avoid any inconvenience to our future guest.
Again , many thanks for the feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.