“Cardiff Centre Hotels”

Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cardiff Centre Hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good hotel with nice reception area. Large rooms with good facilities, would be good for families with some rooms having 2 double beds. Decent bathrooms and pretty quiet given the location. Excellent for the centre - shopping and dining - but no real noise. Breakfast was good, good selection and very clean and tidy restaurant.

Room Tip: Have stayed a few times. 2 beds useful if family trip but if you don't need it go for a normal...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. As you said that our hotels is one of the very few hotels in Cardiff who have family rooms to cater to the increasing needs for families.
As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being so close to the city center along with all the local attractions that the city has to offer.
Again, thank you for your time and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to Cardiff.
Mahesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed recently on business and was placed in the hotel, which was clean, conveniently located and easy to find from the town centre.
The room was comfy and spacious, but maybe needed a refurb as the fixtures and furnishings seemed a little tired.
The restaurant was clean and modern, and staff were friendly and happy to help with any enquiries.
My only negative comment would be a leak from the room above which caused a lot of water to flood into my bathroom through a light fitting. Luckily this happened just before I checked out so no harm done and reception said they would look into it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed most part of your stay.
Thanks for letting me know about the leak which we have rectified now.
Again, thank you for your time and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city of Cardiff.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a 2 night stay recently, booked directly via the hotel on their Dine and Stay package, which was great value at £138 for two people for two nights with one dinner and two breakfasts. When we entered the hotel, it looked smart and modern. The staff were friendly and efficient and made efforts to let us check in an hour and a half early.
The room was rather a different story. It was clean and functional but desperately in need of new carpet (current one covered in stains) and a new bed. It did have AC (first floor), as well as a fan which was a relief in such hot weather, given that the windows didn't open. The main thing that I didn't like was the saggy, soft bed and the even saggier, soft pillows. I had terrible backache when I left!
That aside, the hotel was in a great location and the breakfast was nice. The only thing that would put me off booking again was the bed. Otherwise, it's a good booking for a Cardiff trip.

Room Tip: The first floor room we had did have AC, whereas many of the rooms don't.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toria1976
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write the feedback. I am glad that you did take advantage of our dine and stay promotion and were happy with the value offered.
We are aware that the rooms are tired but as you said we do make sure that we are on top of the cleanliness aspect of the rooms.
I am sure that you would be pleased to know that we are in the middle of planning a soft refurb with some concerned area in the hotel.
As you said, we do take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city closer to all major attractions and events.
Again, thank you for your time and I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel overnight on Wednesday 31st July !! it was easy to find and has an underground car-park ! we found a space quite easily but other reviewers have said spaces are at a premium if you get there late ? this I can quite believe as the car park is not very big ! it costs £12 for 24hrs ! we didn't think this was too bad although other people thought it was ? at least your car is secure ??
The reception area is very nice ! we were a bit early ! but the reception staff were very polite and told us that a room was available and gave us our key cards !!
Our room was on the first floor and once inside were very impressed ! it was a nice size ! clean and comfortable looking ! the beds had " behind head lighting" which gave off a nice soft glow ? tea/coffee and biscuits on the table ! along with a hair dryer and wall mounted nice size t.v ! there was also a free standing fan which was a nice touch ! not sure how you would manage otherwise as there isn't any air con ? and the weather was quite hot during our stay ! so the fan was most welcome !!
The bathroom had a lovely "rain fall " shower and a dispenser for shampoo/body wash ! nice soft towels and plenty of them !! the hand basin also had a dispenser for soap !!
Breakfast was nice too ! plenty of choice for the hot and cold selections and nicely laid out !! most enjoyable !!
The hotel is right in the city centre and a 2min walk to St David's shopping centre ! loads of shops ! absolutely fabulous for retail therapy and I did plenty of that ! plenty more outside too !! lots of nice places to eat and loads to choose from !!
All in all we had a really nice time in Cardiff and I would definitely recommend this hotel to you !! so if you do decide to choose it !! I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as we did !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback. As much as we appreciate the importance of negative criticism, some times a positive feedback like yours serves as a pat on the back.
I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team and they are really happy that their efforts were appreciated at this platform.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was a bit cautious reading the bad reviews on here avout my stay but I can honestly say it was fab! The staff were pleasant although I didn't contact them much! My room was really great. New deco, really nice bed, stylish bathroom, spacious, VERY clean and modern room! Only downfall is there is no window but this cannot be helped and the air con was great! Don't listen to the bad reviews! My room was 301! I was a bit concerned also the bed was two singles pushed together with a zip but if was great you couldn't tell at all! Very comfy and worth the money at reasonable price! We had breakfast included and that was really nice too a buffet all fresh!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing us for your stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer. As you said that all the beds are purpose made which can be made into doubles or twins as per the demands of the guests. I have shared your comments with the rest of my team and they are very happy that our efforts were appreciated at this platform.
Tenby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

booked a night for myself and daughter, good price but far to hot and stuffy in room no air con had to sleep with window open but facing Tesco express very noisy early in morn with lorries outside. bedside lamp not working tall lamp leaning against wall to hold it up and hair in bath but nice huge bed

Room Tip: not facing Tesco express
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad to see that you took advantage of our promotion for discounted room price. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy a good sleep because of the noise from the Tesco lorries outside. The hotel does have a strict no tolerance policy towards internal noise but the noise from lorries outside is something we will be flagging up to the concerned parties. I have also taken up the maintenance issues in your room with my team so as to make sure the next guest isn’t inconvenienced.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Came for stag do very welcoming staff and tolerated all of us very well my room was like oven but I know other rooms had ac in room.
Breakfast was good with selection.
Beer and cider very flat need to get correct glasses for products being served.
Good service and Cardiff is great place.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad we ticked all the boxes in order to make your stay pleasant. I do understand that the lack of air-con can be frustrating in this weather, and I do understand that being a non air con hotel we do face this limitation to compensate for which we do have fans in every room.
Again, thanks for your time and we hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.