“Really great hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
“Really great hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ive seen so many reviews slating this hotel, my parents booked this hotel for my partner and I as an engagement present and we had the most fantastic time. The staff had our room done early and allowed my brother in to set up flowers as a surprise. When we arrived the staff were friendly and welcoming. Our room was lovely and the pillows were so comfy, air con went down lovely in the middle of a heatwave and it was pure bliss entering a cold room. Very local to shops and we were even allowed to order in takeaway food which was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Please go and make your own experience with this hotel as the bad reviews on here do not reflect our experience.

• Stayed July 2013
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write the feed back.your comment have made my day.My team here is delighted to read your comment.
As you said we do take extreme pride in our location being so close to the city centre and the major attractions that the city has to offer.
Again, I would like to thank you for the time taken to write this feedback and would hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Warm Regards,
Mahesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is in the city centre and within touching distance of the shopping centre and millennium stadium. It's décor is red, modern and minimalist which can be startling on the eyes and not particularly restful. It is very popular with stag and hen parties at the weekend, so always the possibility of noise late at night/early morning. Our room was functional but the windows failed to open and the air conditioning unit very noisy. The reception staff were efficient and helpful but did not properly explain how the car park payment worked which caused us a problem when we left. We did, however, get the room at a reasonable rate and, based on that, it was value for money. Would we stay again? Yes, if we needed a city centre hotel but not for more than a couple of nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and would consider staying back with us.
As you said that we do have a lot of stag and hens staying in the hotel over the weekend, the hotel though has a strict no tolerance towards noise once they go up to the floors. With regards to the windows in the air con rooms we do have limited air con rooms and due to the legal requirements the windows in these rooms are sealed, whereas in the non air con room there is a possibility of tilting the windows for fresh air.
Again, thank you for the feedback and I will hope to see you soon when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
North Wales
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Staying here for an over-night, and little time to do more than sleep, this Hotel has been just the ticket. The room clean and comfortable with choice of two pillows. Spacious ....My only criticism on this week is the lack of air-conditioning and reliance on a fan and open window to keep the temperature reasonable. Not a usual problem in Cardiff, but was this time. Nevertheless I have slept very fitfully, and the breakfast (buffet of the usual) has been tasty and of good quality. Like many such hotels its simple and very much self service, but when you are running, was spot on for my needs. Finally, located just behind John Lewis, I think the location very central. All in all, I would reccomend and happily stay here again

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback, I am glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
As you said about the lack of air con in the hotel rooms and we are aware of this limitation hence we don’t advertise ourself as a full air con hotel, nevertheless we do have an extra fan and a heater in every single rooms to compensate for the lack of Air con.
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Park Inn in central cardiff is perfectly positioned for visiting all the sights and sounds which is whta we wanted. Easy walking distance to the main shopping mall St Davids.
Staff were generally helpful , although one young lady in the restaurant needs to learn to walk (very annoying so early in the morning)
On the downside - the AC unit in the room was noisy and the seagulls wake up very early in Wales !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback, I am glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us.
North West UK
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My room that I am in as I write is in need of substantial refurbishment. It being the hottest day of the year and no air con doesn't help. This is a tired room. Lighting is weird - you need the main room light on to use the bedside lamps. Wallpaper is peeling, carpet is torn and coming up in places. The free wifi only allows a single use so if you, like me, to do some work, use my iPad and phone it's a extortionate almost £6.00 for 24 hours. If I was the owner I'd be a bit embarrassed. See my last review on a hotel that has made the effort.
Sadly I'll look elsewhere if I return to Cardiff. There are a lot of better choices

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel - until this one is refurbished
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback. I do understand that there is a need for refurbishment and be rest assured we do have refurbishment plans next year. With regards to Air con I understand how frustrating it can be, as you must already have noticed from the hotel website we don’t advertise ourselves with Aircon as one of the hotel facilities, but in order to compensate for the lack of Air Con we do have heater and fans into every single room. With regards to the free wi-fi it can be connected to multiple devises there are instructions for doing this in every single room, our reception staff will be more than happy to get you connected on more than one device.
Again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and I hope you give us one more chance to change your opinion about us.
Mahesh

Travelers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Having lived in the Middle East for nineteen years our opinion on hotels can be a little on the biased side given the quality and spacious sizes that are the norm. We opted to stay at the Park Inn in Cardiff city centre primarily for its location and the fact that it offered on site parking which is definitely not the norm for Cardiff hotels.

Overall, although the room was compact and had seen better days, it was generally clean and tidy and reasonably well equiped although the min-bar did not exist despite the furniture being tailor made for such an item. Our stay was comfortable and it ticked all the boxes we required, parking was easy, free wifi was available and the positioning next to the St Davids Shopping Centre and many restaurants could not have been closer.

If a city centre hotel is what you need then you cannot go far wrong than to book in here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that the hotel had to offer.
As you said we take extreme pride in our location being in the heart of the city with access to all the major events and attraction that the city has to offer.
Again, thank you for the time taken to write this feedback and I would hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is quite nice. The rooms are spacious, with windows that actually open to let in fresh air. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Loved that we could get free wifi( not available at many hotels, as we found out) There was a fan in the room, but we did not need it. The breakfast was typical of most hotels we had stayed at, but the service was much better. We could walk to nearby pubs and restaurants and some shopping. I would recommend this hotel. Not luxurious, but basic, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback, I am glad to see that we ticked off all the boxes to make sure that you have a wonderful stay.