“Full of stags and hens!”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed July 3, 2013

As hotels go, it was ok. Good points, spacious room, clean & comfortable. Breakfast was self service and there was nothing lacking. Bad points, NOISY! It's not the hotels fault but being close to the nightlife of the city attracts revellers to stay there and quality of sleep was NOT good. If you want to utilise their parking then you might struggle as tight for space. We had fun at check in. They'd upgraded us to a business suite ( no extra cost ) but when we got to the room it was occupied... Good job we were honest as personal belongings were strewn all over the room. Back at reception, staff seemed mystified but were soon able to allocate us another room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I do apologise for the noise problems that you encountered during your stay. I have taken up the issue of you being checked in into an occupied room with my Front Office Manager who in turn has taken up the training issue with the rest of his reception team to make sure that these issues don’t repeat. With regards to parking we do have limited spaces available and we do understand the frustration it can cause, hence we do recommend St David’s car park which is just a stone’s throw away.
I am aware that we do have a lot of stag and hen groups staying during the weekend and they can cause noise problems but we do have strict no tolerance policy towards noise once they proceed up to their rooms which they are made aware on check in. In case if they still create problems all you have to do is ring the reception which is 24 hours and our night manager will take care of the rest.
Again, thank you for taking time to write this feedback and I hope you give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Mahesh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is an old hotel, and Radisson are trying to do the best they can with what they have.
The reception staff are friendly & helpful. The buffet breakfast is average compared to other Park Inns I have stayed at. The bathrooms are small but functional, with shower over the bath, and have been renovated, but already showing signs of mould in the tile grout. The beds however are excellent quality and very comfortable. No air-conditioning is an issue for me. I have never stayed in a large chain hotel that did not have air-con. We were supplied with an oscillating desk fan on request which did help keep us more comfortable, but it was not hot weather, this hotel would be very uncomfortable in heatwave conditions. Proximity to terrific shopping is a big bonus, as is the Motorpoint Arena directly opposite the hotel, which would be very handy if going to that venue. The room had a cupboard which was obviously made for a bar fridge with a power point, but no fridge to be found which I think is a big mistake. Free internet was supplied in the room and was fast and reliable a great thing, as a lot of hotels charge a lot for the internet. I would stay here again, but might try out other options of which there are many in close proximity.

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback about us. I have discussed this feedback with the rest of my team and we have taken all corrective measures to make sure that these issues don’t repeat.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback as it really helps us fine tune our operations.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel and room were clean, the staff were efficient and the breakfast freshand plentiful. All in all an lovely stay in the Park Inn. It was very convenient to the central bus and train station and all the shops Cardiff has to offer.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 91 which was at the back overlooking carpark. It was quiet at the back.

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to write the feedback about us. I have discussed your feedback with the rest of my team who are pleased that their effort was appreciated at this platform.
Again, Thank you for the wonderful feedback and letting us know that we ticked all the boxes during your stay. Hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

For the amount they charge it is no where near worth it. The shower head leaked and sprayed over the top of the shower curtain, the bathroom tiles were cracked, black scuff marks on the walls going up as high as my hips, the double bed was two singles bolted together with such a noticeable and uncomfortable join me and my partner couldn't cuddle to sleep, not to mention the mattresses were rock hard and the fluffy huge pillows of which I had two were pointless, the second you rest your head you sink into the middle of them an hit the mattress. These were nothing compared to the window quality, we closed the window in the hopes we would at least have some quiet, fat chance we heard ever larger lout, every dog bark and every car go past, we heard it so clearly you would think the window were open and you were hanging out of it with a listening device. I am one unhappy camper.

Room Tip: Ask for a proper double bed not two joined up single beds as they are extremely uncumfy there
7  Thank iklekitty

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you did not have a good stay with us.
I have discussed the issues with my chief engineer and the housekeeping manager who in turn have taken corrective actions to make sure they don’t repeat causing inconvenience to our future guests.
Please don’t hesitate to give me a call if you wish to discuss this issue further. I really hope you give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

First stay here...normally stay outside the city centre for work.

Decor of the hotel including the rooms is good, as you'd expect.

Staff were friendly and efficient, both reception and bar/breakfast staff.

Food is ok, breakfast plentiful but nothing outstanding, standard help yourself menu.....get it included in the room as expensive breakfast otherwise.

Free wifi as you'd expect but a bit tight on limiting it to one device per room.....maybe fine for a single room but for a double room you'd expect more than one connection in this modern world!

Now the downside. My room, 324, was very warm, with no controllable air con if there was indeed aircon at all - nothing in the room "instruction" about controlling temperature at all. The window opens a little but not enough to give much air. The noise from outside was also excessive, not just from local pub and club goers, significant even on a Mon night, but traffic, bin collectors, etc.

The show has great pressure, but in the morning was difficult to get cool enough yet in the evening was not hot enough.

If I needed to stay in central Cardiff again I would consider this, but for my work use I'll continue to stay out of the centre.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kev-B-Lin
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank You for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and that you would like to stay with us again. With regards to WiFi you definitely can connect to more than one device and our friendly reception team is always at your service to help you out getting connected.
I am aware that because of the temperature outside it is bit inconvenient as the rooms can get hot, but we do not advertise our hotel as an Air-Con hotel, although to compensate for the lack of air-con we do have an extra heater and extra fans in all our rooms so as to cater according to different seasonal requirement.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I arrived on a day where the hotel was completely booked - and just figured out that my reservation was for the next day. The guys (Rabbi and Varun) though at the counter quickly reacted, provided full service and support and luckily someone was just leaving the hotel. So instead of sending me through the city they organized that the room was ready for me - within 20 minutes!!! Great staff!

• Stayed: June 2013
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am glad to see that our staff made your visit memorable even though you were booked in to a different hotel.
I have discussed you comments with my team especially Rabbi and Varun and they are very happy that their service was appreciated at this platform.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and will hope to see you stay with us when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room is of a low standard,old dirty furniture, shower taps need to be properly reset in the wall without cracks surrounding them,mould in certain places, bedroom furniture had stains on.
Since being in the room itching non stop, I would not recommend or stay here again, very disappointing! The Reception are does not reflect the rooms!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Chezlee_39

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectation. I am aware that some of the rooms are in need of refurbishment which we are planning to undertake by the end of this year.
I do appologise for the inconvenience caused and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss this issue further.
Be rest assured that we have taken all the internal measures possible to make sure the minor repairs are completed in the room you have stayed.