“Very clean and spacious”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Pembrokeshire
“Very clean and spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here in February for one night and its in a great spot to go to the nice restaurants in town. The gentleman on reception was very helpful too. Breakfast was also very fresh, topped up often and lots of it. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with all the facilities that were offered with it.
As you said about our location, which we take extreme pride in as we are situated in the city center close to all the major shopping center and the tourist attraction that Cardiff has to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback for us and I hope to see you again when your business or pleasure brings you back to our wonderful city.
Mahesh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Macclesfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a Bank Holiday weekend. I had my reservations after reading the reviews but I need not have worried.

Short walk from train/bus station, great central location. Everything seemed to be a short walking distance.

Checking in and out was very easy.

We had room 126, very spacious room, very clean, good bathroom with great power shower. But I did struggle with the bed....too hard.....so sleep was disturbed. The room was a little dark as it lacked natural daylight as the view was over the lobby area. But I have to say that we were not bothered by noise at all, from either surrounding rooms or the lobby, as other reviewers have stated.

We did not have breakfast or use the restaurant so can not comment.

If I had a find a down side, I did not notice a few tired bits in the room but these were nothing to moan or complain about.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
With regards to the bed being uncomfortable we have taken your feedback on board and would do everything possible to make sure that the next guest doesn’t encounter the same problem
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and what a result. Staff were all really helpful and the room was spotless and to a standard higher than the norm for the price bracket. Breakfast was also very impressive with boiled eggs available. The only negative and not the fault of the hotel due to central location is the rooms backing onto John Lewis . Very noisy at night or at 3am when people want to sing their hearts out. Will be back as really enjoyed the experience .

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Tonyrefail, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

just a short walk from the rail and coach staion,goodlocation for the shops,bars ,restraunts ,motor point arena across the rd,staff were polite and friendly'room was clean and comfortable,we stayed on a friday night thinking the worse but there was problen with noise,bar was busy after concert across rd,breakfast was good and filling ,this is a great city to visit.

Room Tip: we stayed room 093 no problem
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

New Forest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, surrounded by bars, resturants and shops and very close to the station.

The room was very clean and the reception staff very helpful.

If I was going to Cardiff again, I would stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Swansea, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

It seems many of the reviewers use this hotel as a stopover from a concert at the Motorpoint arena - and it is ideally situated for that.

Unfortunately, I think I just covered its good point - from my perspective, everything else was sub-standard.

We were attending a concert on the night of Thursday, 18th April - we`d already pre-booked the hotel; and arrived a few minutes after three, hoping to be able to park in the hotel`s own car park.
Not a chance - apart from anything else, some of the parking in there obstructed other vehicles; and we were intending to leave the hotel at 3.30 a.m., to drive to Manchester for a flight....I really didn`t want to have issues getting the car out at that time of the morning!
There`s a multi-storey car park adjacent; so we parked there - not a problem. Checked in- quick & painless, so they`ve actually got a second "good point".
We had a room which looks out onto the reception area - 103 from memory. If you want to sleep in your room - do NOT accept this room!
The main light in the room is like a disco strobe when you switch it on - maybe great for parties; but not so for a hotel room. "Sound proofing" between rooms is non-existant; so you know if the guests next door went to the bathroom for a "number one", "number two" or something else - auditory information overload!!
The air quality / temperature in the room is a joke! The thermostat appeared to do very little; the air blown into the room tasted stale and dry; and, if you try to sleep with the air system switched on - take plenty of earplugs.
Actually, you`ll need the earplugs, to drown out the noise from the lobby bar - but I`m getting ahead of myself here.........
We thought (silly habit, I know) that the food in the hotel should be good, given the "Radisson" name, the look of the restaurant; and the prices charged. Uh-oh!
In its defence, the fish part of the "fish & chips" had a couple of things going for it. It was dead, for a start. The batter wasn`t bad - shame it was only just above tepid. That is more than can be said for the sad excuse laughingly presented as "chips" - I tried to eat one; and gave up.
My wife had the minted mushy peas - I prefer garden peas, or any other "non-mushy" peas - but they don`t have those - so its mushy peas, or no peas - take your pick.
We returned to the hotel around 10.45; knowing we had to leave early the next morning; so went straight "to bed". Well, its like a game of "guess the noise"! Water banging through pipes; someone`s loo being flushed ( and used), a few inches from the other side of the bedhead; the yammering from the bar, the incessant racket from the aircon system if you have the temerity to try and change the temperature in the room.
At 12.45, we gave up, got up, and left. Had there been anyone at the reception desk, I would have formally complained at the time - but there wasn`t. I can`t tell you how surprised I wasn`t.

So, in a nutshell - you may have got the impression that we didn`t like it. Let me clarify. I would have had (and DID have) more rest in my car, than I would have had in that sorry excuse for a hotel room.

Room Tip: One in another hotel might be a good start
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kmelectric
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write this feedback.
I am disappointed to see that you did not have a pleasant stay in our hotel. I have gone through all the issues that you have mentioned and there seems to be some problems with the room that you stayed in. I would really like to go in depth of this situation in order to take all the corrective actions necessary in order to avoid any inconvenience to our future guests.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at Maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com in order to discuss this issue further and also I could be made aware of the room number that you stayed in so we can do further investigations.
Again I would like to thank you for the feedback as it is an important tool that helps us fine tune your operations.

Mahesh

Travelers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very good location for the Motorpoint Arena. Very busy hotel but good value. Upgraded to business class room but there were no bathrobes although the hotel had ordered more. The bar was very busy after the concert and could have done with a few more servers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo