“Terrible Restaurant. It would be quicker to catch the fish myself!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I didnt stay at the hotel so cant comment on this, however, i did use the restaurant for dinner before attending a show at the CIA. We arrived 2 and 1/2 hours prior to our show starting to give us plenty of time to eat. The restaurant was about half full when we were seated. We had to wait over ten minutes before the waitress asked us if we wanted a drink. She then disappeared without taking our food order and it took 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive. We then ordered food which was simple fish and chips. After 3/4 hour waiting for our food i asked the waitress how long our food would be as we had a show to go to. She looked blankly at me and then went to find out. She returned stating it wouldn't be long. Another 15 minutes went by and still no dinner. The waitress then told me that another waitress had mistakenly given our food to another table. Another 15 minutes later my food arrived and it wasn't even edible. The fish was burnt and dried out and the peas and chips were cold. Not happy. I heard several other tables asking where their food was. Terrible food and terrible service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear about your recent dining experience in our hotel. Please contact me directly on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com as I would like to discuss a solution to your experience if you would like to.

Sorry once again.
Hope to hear from you soon.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the Park Inn for the Donny Osmond covert that night, perfect location to be able to walk across the road into the Motorpoint Centre to see Donny.

Hotel parking limited and we managed to squeeze the Astra into the last corner space. Reception was efficient and the room was ready on time. Good room comfortable bed and well appointed as you would expect at a Radisson Group Hotel. A few small details such as the shower could have done with a better clean to get the mould off the shower screen edges, by and large the room was good.

Almost the entire hotel was booked for Donny Osmond concert people and the restaurant was open at 17.00 hours to get us all fed and into the concert for 7.00. We booked a table for 17.30. That is where things went wrong, people were complaining after more than hour no mains had been served, I went up spoke to the restaurant manager and asked for our food to be expedited as we also waited over an hour. We were lucky and got fed although several started walking our as they had not been served.

Only problem we had was my wife ordered fish and chips with tarter sauce and they served up horseradish, asked the waiter to change it for tarter and again we got horseradish. We did not send it back as we probably would never have seen any food before the concert. I order spatchcock chicken with Lyonnais potatoes and got boiled new potatoes with a cream sauce which was an interesting variation on Lyonnais. Chicken was fine.

Breakfast was good standard buffet style with well cooked decent quality fair.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyHilbo
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the location of the hotel and as you said you can’t be much closer that this to the Motor point arena. I have shared your comment with my reception team and they are happy to hear that your check in process was quick and efficient.
Thanks to bring to my notice the minor deficiency in the room and I am sure to take it up with the concerned department.
With regards to the poor service in the restaurant I do want to apologize for the service and we never overboard with the intention of accommodating too many guest ,one of our order taking system went down that night which mainly let us down.
I do want to assure you that it’s a one off occasion and this is not the usual standard that we practice in our restaurant.
I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and give us the chance to serve you better.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel, but a little disappointed to find they could not cater your requirements because the hotel was full. We only wanted two pillows, but it seems when the hotel is full, they have no spares! The toilet roll holder had broken, and because we were over the foyer, it was extremely noisy with singing at the top of voices until after midnight - having a good time obviously, shame everyone else had to suffer.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room over the foyer and bar area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie S

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you were caused as you didn’t receive the extra pillow you requested. Just be assured I have taken all the internal measures to make sure this doesn’t happen again. And the problems in your room has been addressed and corrective actions have been taken. With regards to the noise we do have a very strict no tolerance policy and when we receive any complaints we tend to take immediate action to sort out the situation as long as the guest informs us straight away. Again, I would like to take the opportunity to apologize again and hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you better.
If you wish to discuss the issue further don’t hesitate to contact me directly at Maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Was wary of where I was staying at £54 for 2 adults including breakfast!!! Amazed at fab location, polite & helpful staff. It was a lovely hotel, room was huge, breakfast fab. Only down side was even though heating was on full, the room didnt seem to warm up. Will defo stay there again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank niknak1973

Dear Guest,
What a nice start of my day !! I am so delighted to see that you had a enjoyable stay with us.
As you said we take pride in our location and make sure to keep the rates at par with our competitors. My staff are pleased that their service was appreciated in this forum. We have already sorted out the heating issues in the room taking the recent weather into account we have increased the temperature in the rooms.
Again, thank you for the wonderful review and would hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed on a Wednesday night for a business trip and paid £65 for room only. The room was ample sized with a good sized bathroom beds comfortable. The mattress errs on the firmer side which I prefer.

Location wise it's within a couple of minutes walk to St Mary's street and lots of bars and restaurants. The lobby/atrium also has a good if a little small bar area which was good to finish the evening off in.

Overall very good value for money and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bacardo_queen

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your room with all the facilities that come with it.
Most of our guests agree the fact of our perfect location to enjoy Cardiff with everything that the city has to offer.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overnight stay travelling on business. Well situated, in the city centre,messy reach to the main shops and close to the railway station. Well appointed and a delightful central atrium with reception and bar.

Room well furnished, lots of extras unexpected at this price point, hair dryer, ironing board, iron and free safe.

Breakfast was buffet style and plentiful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AmyS383

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your time in posting your feedback.
I am very pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

stayed here when we went up for the ronan keating concert which was brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after a bit of confusion over booking which was sorted very efficient by the duty manager rabbi he was brilliant always smiling and very helpful made our stay very relaxed ,thank you rabbi ,lovely clean hotel with amazing food .will be booking again right opposite the motorpoint arena a big bonus !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple