“Excellent good value city centre hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overnight stay travelling on business. Well situated, in the city centre,messy reach to the main shops and close to the railway station. Well appointed and a delightful central atrium with reception and bar.

Room well furnished, lots of extras unexpected at this price point, hair dryer, ironing board, iron and free safe.

Breakfast was buffet style and plentiful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AmyS383
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your time in posting your feedback.
I am very pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre

Reviewed January 20, 2013

stayed here when we went up for the ronan keating concert which was brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after a bit of confusion over booking which was sorted very efficient by the duty manager rabbi he was brilliant always smiling and very helpful made our stay very relaxed ,thank you rabbi ,lovely clean hotel with amazing food .will be booking again right opposite the motorpoint arena a big bonus !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at the park in on sat 19/1. We knew that it was opposite the motorpoint arena and as we were going to the Ronan Keeting concert thought that it would be ideal. On arrival we failed to park the car in the very small car park, we parked a stones throw away in the NCP car park which cost us £18, I believe the cost of the hotel car park was £12.
Room 213 was clean and comfortable, had trouser press, kettle and coffee making facilities, my only quibble would be that the bed was quite hard. We overheared many people complaining that the heating wasn't working( must remember that there was quite a lot of snow in Cardiff and this may well have been the guests themselves feeling the cold), however our room was nice and warm. Had a few drinks in the bar before and after the concert. Bar staff were pleasant as we're the girls on reception. Would stay here again, the location was perfect for the motorpoint, you only had to cross the road.

1  Thank Blodynallen
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review for us. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the concert. I am pleased to see that you did enjoy all the facilities in your room and at the same time, thanks to your feedback investigating about the hardness of the mattress with my team. As you mentioned due to the weather conditions lately we have increased the heating in the rooms as well as provide extra heaters as we do understand that different people have different requirements.

I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are on the moon that their service was appreciated.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Have been here a few times with work for conferences but have never stayed. The public areas are all very clean and look quite nice but it's clearly a more 'budget' hotel than you might think from brochures etc. for example the hand wash etc in the bathrooms is clearly just refilled from a larger bottle as it's always a different colour and often stripy where they've used a different product. No big deal really.
I'd definitely stay here as they seem to have very reasonable rates and the location is fantastic, right in the centre of Cardiff about 5-10 mins walk from the main railway station and right opposite the Motorpoint arena (CIA). Mind you, there are loads of other hotels in the vicinity such as the Big Sleep, Sleeperz (the breakfast area looks lovely there), Raddison Blu and a place I think is a Best Western which has a fab looking Brasillian restaurant (Viva Brasil?) attached to it so you've plenty of choice.
I love Cardiff and really must come back soon for pleasure rather than alwasy coming for business!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Eurochic28
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Cardiff and wish to visit us again for pleasure purposes. As you suggested that we are a 3 star hotel but strive our best to provide the best service to our guest in order to make their stay a memorable one. And with the location like ours weather business or pleasure you will find everything a stones throw away.
Me and my team would be looking forward to greeting you on your next visit as to continue providing you the best that the city has to offer while making your stay a comfortable one.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

There's nothing outstanding about this hotel, it's just generally clean, pleasant and efficient (with the exception of the car park which is tiny!) Staff were polite, friendly and helpful offering us the Carlsson Club card with an immediate free upgrade. The bar lets the place down, it sells the normal bland beers from the pumps and lacks any kind of atmosphere, but it's right in the city centre so you're only likely to use it for a nightcap on the way back from the better bars in town. Decent sized well equipped room and pretty good value on their January special offer. B&B was less than room only at the Premier Inn around the corner!

Room Tip: If you're offered the Carlson Club Card, take it. Free room upgrade and discount on food and dri...
1  Thank JessopSmythe
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic comment.
Many thanks for your view about the beers available in our bar,we are looking to change some in the near future and i hope you should be able to try our new brand on your next visit.
I am very glad that we have met your expectations and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited here with my 15 year old daughter to go and see Gary Barlow at the arena. The hotel is directly opposite the arena so for us both it was ideal as we did not need to walk across town late at night.

Rooms were ok ours had a bit of mold around the shower but apart from that they were clean and tidy.

Would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ToffeeBristol

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comment.

Being right in the city centre we have got the luxuary of everything at our foot step addition with the CIA just a stone throw away from us.

we’d love to have you back and you should definitely try our lavish breakfast buffet next time.

warm regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I left this review on the Park Inn North by accident - it was this hotel that I meant.

It's really difficult to sum up all the good elements of this hotel because there is quite a lot of great aspects to staying here that you would only appreciate once you have been here.

I have reviewed this hotel before and stay here quite often. The reason I will review it again is that they always go the extra mile for me and I would like to show my appreciation.

Many city centre hotels are a bit utility - that is you stay in a room, and that's about it. There is much more here.

Straight away - easy access thanks to parking in the basement

Reception is huge and very well fitted out, unlike the 'check in and go to room' hotels, this hotel has a bar, restaurant and there is a good feel as soon as you arrive.

The bar is excellent, everything you need. You can eat in the bar or the restaurant, food is good and quick - no fuss. Staff are like real people who you can talk to and make me feel really at home. Also a fast Internet following an upgrade recently.

Reception staff are friendly and nice people. I have needed washing done last minute, printing when on business, and help with other things, never a problem to them. Excellent.

The restaurant will listen to you if you want something different and then just cook it, if you need a certain type of food - ask here and you will probably get it. They understand food allergies and special requests well.

The Management team have taken a lot of time to make sure they get it right. Not with a fuss, it happens behind the scenes.

The breakfast is second to none, it's hard not to try everything from the buffet. Service is excellent and from people who have something to say (personality), and then great service. I have read some negatives around this and frankly, knowing the people here, I don't believe them.

The room services and the housekeeping are also excellent, fast laundry service, extra duvet when I wanted it, again no fuss.

Park Inn group have a 'Yes I can' policy and I think they live up to it. The 'feeling' I get is up with the best hotels that I have stayed in even 5*.

To sum up, great facilities, great service, nice place to stay, good feeling.Thank you all. Stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently refurbed room or upgrade to business room.

Room Tip: Join the Club Carlson and get an upgrade. I don't like the rooms that face into the lobby alth...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ajones1

WOW! What a wonderful review Mr Jones. I and my team are glad that we ticked all the boxes that made your stay pleasant and continue to do so.
And I am extremely delighted you being a business guest are most aware of the needs of Co-operate guest, and I am pleased that you being a regular guest appreciate the effort that makes our products and service at par to our local competitors.
We look forward to your next visit Mr Jones..