Modern hotel with interesting atrium, adjacent to St David's shopping malls, Cardiff Arena with Millennium Stadium a short walk, along with Cardiff Castle and close to all transport links. The Bay / Mermaid Quay is a 15 minute walk or £5 by taxi, or a bus ride.
My stay was on a Saturday night after the Wales / Wallabies rugby international and the hotel was lively, with a large party taking place in one of the ground floor function rooms; however, this did not disrupt our night's stay in any way.
Our mid-morning arrival meant that our room was not available but reception was happy to look after our luggage until we returned in the early evening. There was a slight but acceptable wait to complete the formalities.
The room was very clean, spacious and with just enough drawer and hanging space; bathroom was spotless and seemed to have been recently redecorated. (By contrast, some of the corridors are looking rather tired.)
We had a room on the first floor overlooking the side of shopping precinct - John Lewis - so not a great view, but well away from the main road which can be very busy at times.
We enjoyed a simple meal in the rbg grill room - simple but well cooked fish 'n chips but not exactly fine-dining. The rbg also operates as the breakfast room, which serves a rather good selection of hot i.e. "full Welsh" & cold, viz., continental, options and was - I thought - good value.
Check-out was even simpler than arrival, and error free.
Staff throughout (reception / bar / housekeeping / restaurant) were efficient, welcoming and sorted out a couple of minor glitches - including replacing a missing tv remote control at a rather ungodly hour, without fuss!
The only downside is the underground parking garage which is very limited, expensive and was seemingly constructed during an austerity period of smaller vehicles. While these will doubtless come back into fashion one day, spaces are small and few in number but there are other pay car parks in the vicinity.
There is access all areas but I did not notice any reserved spaces for blue badge holders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located in the heart of the city, opposite Cardiff International Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Park Inn Cardiff
- Cardiff Park Inn
- Jurys Inn Cardiff
- Park Inn By Radisson Cardiff City Centre Wales