“Don't go there”

Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well let's just say I am that pi**ed off that I am still in the hotel and I am writing this review. I couldn't wait any longer..
1. I booked a business room but stepped into a standard room. I then had to go back to desk and change. There was no problem in changing.
2. Toilet would not stop running all night. Desk lamp didnt work so could not work.
3. Had shower. Reached for the drawer titled 'hairdryer'...no hairdryer. Called reception and had to wait with damp hair till a hairdryer came.
4. Light in bathroom flashing on & off. Maintenaince not in until tomorrow.
5. Exhausted and want to get room service - no one is answering for the past 20 mins. Have been calling reception and still no answer.

If I was only staying for a night this would be fine but I am here for 7 nights and we are looking to open a corporate account and I think will look elsewhere.

Summary - the staff are lovely but the general standards and up keep of this hotel is terrible. Will not come back as it was not fuss-free as I had hoped for....now to find dinner....

Room Tip: 3rd floor is alot better then 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Anna Sinclaire,

Thank you so much for letting me know the issues you have encountered in your on going stay, which gave us the opportunity to put things right.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvienience caused and hope you are now happy now with the alternative arrangements which i have offered you.

I am very glad your issues are been addressed and resolved and i wish you have a pleasant stay with us.

Now you know where to get hold of me just incase I may be any helpful to you.

thank you once again.

mahesh.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have seen all the staff is very nice & supportive all the time. And i have seen one of the rbg grill restaurant member is ow some. Her name is Sarah, She is managing the morning breakfast alone like handling all the guest in one handed. I have seen when she is handling the rbg in every is so managed, delivered very smoothly. It's realy appreciated her work

Room Tip: That i realy don't know about the room location. I was staying in 327. That was a nice one. I c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am very glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay, especially thank you so much for your postive comment on our RBG breakfast service.

will definitely share your review with sarah and 100% she will be delighted to read your mention.

Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here one night to attend a concert at the Motorpoint Arena. The Park Inn could not be any closer! It was a very convenient location. Also right next to the new shopping centre, so all in all, a great location.
The hotel offered very good value for money. I was travelling with my mother who is slightly disabled and the staff went out of their way to help her and make sure she had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comment.

Being right in the centre of Cardiff, we’re one of the best in terms of access to most of the city entertainments..

I’m so happy you loved us so much and would stay with us again, we’d love to have you back.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Conveniently situated opposite the Motorpoint Arena, great if your going to a concert and also adjacent to the shopping centre.

The reception, bar area and restaurant are pleasant enough, however the bedrooms need some updating. We were supposidly booked into a business class room, which was some what disappointing. Whilst there all the usual amenities were provided – tea/coffee making, iron, work station, TV, safe, but there was no air conditioning, just a fan or a wall mounted electric heater, which meant controlling the room temperature very difficult. The wall paper on one wall suffered from a water stain obviously from a leak on the floor above and was starting to lift off. The curtains & general décor of the room looked tired. The bathroom & shower were nothing special, just OK and clean.
However the saving grace was that the bed was very comfortable. May be we were just unlucky with the room allocation but as we were going to a concert and only staying one night, we were not planning to spend a huge amount of time in the room.

We ate dinner & breakfast in the hotel restaurant – RBG and found the service to be fast, efficient and friendly, the quality of food was also good.

The hotel does have an on site car park, but you cannot pre-book a space and when we arrived this was already full. There is public parking in the adjacent shopping centre this costs £18.00 per night.

Would I stay there again ?? the jurys out on that one…. there are a number of other newer hotels close by from the budget price range up to 4* which may offer a better standard of bedroom.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for you time in making this review.
I am so sorry the room you stayed wasnt an updated room and looked tiered.
I Just want to make sure your thoughts are been heard and we are planning to refurb two of our old style bedrooms floors early next year.
please let us know well in advance we can definitely reserve a parking space for you.
Thank you very much for your positive comments on our RBG staff.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here one night for work and it was just as expected. Nothing too fancy, but nothing bad. The room was standard and clean. The TV was good. The bar area is quite nice for a quick beer to relax. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review.
I am very glad that we have met your expectations.
Hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,

Mahesh.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed in the Park Inn when we went to a concert in St David's Hall. They made us feel exceptionally welcome even upgrading us to a superior room. The room is very comfortable and has an interesting view of the atrium. It is located very close to John Lewis and Motorpoint Arena so was very convenient. The train station was also only a short stroll away. We only stayed one night but I will be very keen to revisit.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

After a recent very poor experience at a Travelodge we decided to spend a bit more on a trip to Cardiff for a concert.
After some research we settled on the Park Inn for its position and competitive B and B rate. We were very pleased we did as we had a very enjoyable experience.
The hotel was not busy so the welcoming staff on reception were happy to upgrade us to a business class room and allow us to check out late as we had a 2 0`clock train The room was clean, well equipped,and had a large bed. It also was internal facing over the large glass atrium so there was no problem with noise.
Requests for an ice bucket and additional tea and coffee were promptly dealt with.
On return from the concert we found a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine on ice in the room - a very nice touch.
Breakfast was the usual buffet arrangement with a good selection of hot and cold items. At the quoted price of £13.50 you could do better elsewhere, but as part of a package it was good value.
The young man looking after us was very efficient in greeting us . A lukewarm vacuum jug of coffee was rapidly replaced with a fresh, hot one.
The hotel has an excellent central position, right opposite the Motorpoint Arena, next to John Lewis and a stone`s throw from restaurants and the main shopping areas.
Overall a clean, modern, comfortable hotel with an excellent position. Our stay was enhanced by helpful, friendly staff on reception, at the restaurant and housekeeping.
We are frequent visitors to Cardiff and, as long as their pricing remains competitive, we will definitely use the Park Inn again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time in making this review.
I can clearly understand from your comment that our staff has gone extra mile to give you a pleasant surprice.
I am very glad that we have met your expectations.

Hope to see you again staying with us.

Mahesh.