“Great veggie/vegan food in the heart of Cardiff!”
Review of Crumbs Kitchen

Crumbs Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 1,360 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Crumbs Kitchen specializes in healthy, delicious vegetarian food. Try our range of gorgeous soups or a variety of jacket potatoes, healthy salads, tasty quiches, along with a selection of curries and chilli. Complement your food with freshly squeezed juices, tea's and coffee. And since this is all so healthy, why not indulge in one of our desserts to finish. Recently under new management, Crumbs Kitchen still offers the same great vegetarian food but with new ideas and a fresh new look.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is a great option for veggies (but especially vegans) as there's quite limited choice in Cardiff for lunch options for vegans! The food is freshly made; they specialise in salads, homemade pies and pasties, soups and jacket potatoes. They also have a great range of cakes. I'll definitely be going back! Excellent value for money - the portions are huge! They do a good range of teas and coffees and cold drinks too.

2  Thank SettledinSpain

Reviewed December 18, 2012

my wife and I visited on Sunday and had a lovely wholesome lunch. The chunky vegetable soup was truly lovely and my wifes standard size (but more than big enough) salad was fab. Very friendly staff and extremely good homemade food.

2  Thank Terry D
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Always on the lookout for the next independent café to visit, I took my dad to Crumbs when he came to pick me up at the end of term. It’s clearly a popular haunt as when we arrived in the Morgan Arcade the queue reached well out the door! However it cleared pretty quickly and I was able to run upstairs to grab a table while my dad ordered.

Between us we had a slice of chickpea & spinach pie, a slice of potato & mature cheddar pie and a large salad. The pies were very good, though served sort of…warm. Personally, I would have preferred either hot or cold rather than some sort of grey area in between - but that’s only a very minor gripe. The salad was tasty, a mixture of coleslaw, red cabbage, mixed leaves etc, though not quite as interesting as a salad from Kemi’s in the bay, which are always full of exotic and intriguing ingredients.

The upstairs seating is nice, though possibly a little packed in. Décor is lovely; from the solid wood furniture to the photographs and paintings hanging on the wall. Overall I was left with a pretty good impression, service was quick and friendly, food was interesting, filling and tasty and surroundings were more than pleasant.

On our way out we also picked up a Yoghurt-topped fruit flapjack and a Raspberry Brownie, both of which good without being mind-blowing. If you’re out and about shopping in Cardiff’s gorgeous arcades, you could do a lot worse than giving Crumbs a chance - even if the queue is out the door!

2  Thank g m
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is one of my most visited lunch venues in Cardiff. I'm not vegan or vegetarian but the food is healthy and tasty so worth not having meat! Everything is homemade and there is a variety of chilli, curry, jacket potatoes and salads and all reasonable priced. Limited seating so have to go for a very early lunch or you end up sitting with strangers

1  Thank Jen_Keenan
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Food is excellent though a little pricey for lunch compared to other prices well established and popular restaurant