“Great pub lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Took family from America here for a nice pub lunch. Had a great bar seat by the window with fantastic views of the bay. Standard pub food but quick service.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

20 individuals for a late lunch after an interesting tour of The Senedd. Pleasant welcome and table. 1 waitress took the order and served us. Typical wholesome pub grub. Fairly priced. Pleasant room upstairs.
Grateful for the last minute booking. We were not rushed.Thank you.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

A group of friends from work visited Terra Nova and found the ub / restaurant quite unique in it's decor. Similar to an Explorers Bar. The service was very good and the staff very friendly and professional. We didn't eat there, but I did peruse the menu whilst there. The menu was not large, but it was pleasant and homely food with enough choice. The cocktails were superb and there is a happy hour with two for the price of one. Unfortunately though, we missed this!! There was plenty of seating inside and outside and a choice of seating, armchairs & sofas or chairs and tables. Very comfortable. Overall, a pleasant experience. Certainly worth a try!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We took a large group of European visitors to the Terra Nova to sample traditional fish and chips. The fish was dry and the batter was burnt. When I asked about it I was told that the cooker was set to a certain temperature so there was nothing they could do. I was offered another but all guests' food was the same and I don't think they would have been prepared to replace all meals. My vegetarian friends pie was the same. Not recommended!!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I didn't want to go here, 'cos it is sited right on the waterfront, big bar, glossy design, loud music. It screamed out 'tourist trap' and I didn't want to be ripped off for over-priced tat. My wife decided to go in because she liked the sound of the butternut squash and feta pie. And... I was completely wrong and my wife was right. Excellent beer (bit pricier than most of Wales, but cheap by English standards) and really nice, simple, sensibly-priced food, friendly staff, quick service. My wife's pie was tasty and my ham and bubble-and-squeak was also very good. The food and beer, considering the quality, were really good value, even by Welsh standards.