Quality Hotel Cardiff
$55
$96
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$62
$59
  • Room Service
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$117
$101
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$77
$85
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$92
Orbitz.com
Sandringham Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
$130
$125
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We spent four nights at the Quality as part of a package tour with Grand UK Travel. We arrived and found the room very comfortable and spacious with all the amenities we required and the staff were very friendly and helpful. As the hotel was not near a town, there was very little to do in the evening, but as we were on the go all day, we didn't worry too much about that.
The dining was to our liking although some of our fellow travellers were less than impressed with the speed of service. As the evening was spent at leisure, I was quite happy to eat leisurely and we were never rushed out of the dining area.

An ideal base for visiting the local South Wales tourist spots and can recommend a trip to Castell Coch, just down the road, the Welsh History Museum and the Rhondda Heritage site at Pontypridd.

I would go to the Quality Hotel again quite happily.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BrianCropster
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed here for the Millennium Magic rugby league weekend and even though it was full, the staff were so attentive and helpful. The hotel is ideally located just off the motorway but certainly not noisy at all. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the bar area is great and the breakfast was very tasty.

I would certainly stay here again. Great value for money.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank JodieStHelens
Reviewed April 16, 2008

The Leisure facilities and changing rooms were absolutely filthy.

There were 2 prostitutes touting for business in the bar area on the evening my family stayed there (this is not hearsay: I saw one approach a guest, who flatly turned her down).

We had to ask 5 times for toast at Breakfast time....it took 40 minutes for this to be brought to the table.

The lift kept breaking down (despite us having a disabled guest), who was accommodated on the 2nd floor.

None of the vending machines worked.

The whole place is in desperate need of refurbishment.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank lucybutler
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Average Hotel, Average Location, Average Rooms, Average Restaurant...It's ok for a night or two! The Staff are exceptionally friendly though which makes the whole stay great!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Divabiz
Reviewed September 28, 2007

The hotel itself is in a convenient location if you arrive by car as it is just by the A470/M4 junction. However, it is up to half an hour by taxi to Cardiff Central station.

My bedroom was comfortable enough and the bathroom was OK. It will, however, need a lick of paint soon.

My only really serious gripe about this hotel is the mediochre dinner and a very long wait for it despite the restaurant being nowhere near full. The soup took 25 minutes to arrive. I then complained about my main course, which was overcooked chicken on a bed of what looked and tasted something like rice pudding. The hotel gave me a complimentary drink by way of apology. This was gratefully received, but I would have preferred a decent meal.

The swimming pool is warm, very heavily chlorinated, rather short and shallow. However, there is a reasonable gym and a relaxing sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The light in the sauna wasn't working when I was there.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business