More affordable than typical hotels of the area. We feel we got our money's worth. Very clean, but somewhat spartan feel to the decor. The breakfast was great - and this is being critiqued by our sons who are young adult males - quality of food is very important to them. They also loved sitting out on the deck looking over the water in the evening. We all appreciated the convenience of location - about a 15 min walk to the castle. We have used many Holiday Inn Expresses in the past years - but always when traveling down to the States. This is our first experience using one in the UK. I say this up front, in case the fact there was no free coffee in the lobby (except at breakfast) and no free wifi is that this is standard for the UK. My husband and I didn't try the TV, but my sister and sons did and they said theirs came and went in terms of working. Besides lack of free coffee and wifi, (and if we had needed parking there was a fee for this as well), it was a great place to stay. Last but not least - the staff were great. Despite feeling nickled and dimed to death (should we see the US hotels as spoiling us rather than UK one being cheap?) - would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront area of the old East Dock in Cardiff Bay is the prime position of the Express by Holiday Inn. Only 15 minutes walking distance from the centre of Cardiff makes a great place to stay, and to view the magnificent local shops and picturesque Arcades.Walking distance to Mermaid Quay and Millennium Centre. It is also situated in the heart of Cardiff's exciting Bay Development. With places of interest including Cardiff Castle, the home of the Welsh Assembly, the Millennium Stadium, The Millennium Centre, Techniquest the Children's Science Museum and the Museum of Welsh Life at St.Fagans, the Express by Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay is your one and only choice for accommodation in Cardiff. The Express by Holiday Inn is located just off M4 Motorway, which makes access very easy, and brings you around the city centre, showing you attractions like you have never seen before. There is ample onsite parking, which is charged at £6 per 24 hours. For your peace of mind, our car park is monitored 24 hours a day by CCTV.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Hotel Cardiff
- Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Wales