This is a standard layout - newish HIE - so from the moment you arrive, you know what you are going to get.
Service at reception was fine - profession and quite fast and soon I was in my standard layout room (I like consistancy). Delighted to be looking out over the docks - nice view, just a bit cold to go walking out there.
As usual, I slepted well in the bed, but was awoken by a fire alarm at 8am - I suspect it was a sneaky smoker in this all non-smoking premises.
Breakfast is the usual, slightly chaotic affair, but I can live with this - it was Easter, so plenty of children in the hotel and because of the alarm, I suspect a lot of people came to breakfast at the same time.
What was nice is that there is space in this HIE for breakfast - sometimes the number of tables to guests is very lacking.
I do like HIE breakfasts - not the widest choice, but everything I need is there and the quality is fine.
If you want to be in the centre of Cardiff - this is not the best choice, but it is a short walk or Taxi to the centre and nice and quiet in the evening.
Nice stay and I will stay again when I need a 1 night stop in Cardiff - if I stay longer, then I go to the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront area of the old East Dock in Cardiff Bay is the prime position of the Express by Holiday Inn. Only 15 minutes walking distance from the centre of Cardiff makes a great place to stay, and to view the magnificent local shops and picturesque Arcades.Walking distance to Mermaid Quay and Millennium Centre. It is also situated in the heart of Cardiff's exciting Bay Development. With places of interest including Cardiff Castle, the home of the Welsh Assembly, the Millennium Stadium, The Millennium Centre, Techniquest the Children's Science Museum and the Museum of Welsh Life at St.Fagans, the Express by Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay is your one and only choice for accommodation in Cardiff. The Express by Holiday Inn is located just off M4 Motorway, which makes access very easy, and brings you around the city centre, showing you attractions like you have never seen before. There is ample onsite parking, which is charged at £6 per 24 hours. For your peace of mind, our car park is monitored 24 hours a day by CCTV.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Hotel Cardiff
- Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Wales