Stayed here one night at the weekend to visit family. The hotel is not exactly on the bay strictly speaking but is well located for the city centre and the bay. The hotel is clean and modern We didnt have a room overlooking the water unfortunately but a view of the carpark which was ok as we werent there for the views. The breakfast is included and was adequate hot and cold offered with plenty of choices we thought in a pleasant room overlooking the canal.
The only problem we had was with the bathroom which was a wet room and unfortunately when the shower was usd the water didnt drain away but pooled all over the floor to a depth of a couple of inches and just would not flow away presumably because the floor is sloping the wrong way for the water to just drain as it should slope down to the drain and not the other way. We had to use towels to mop up and try to swoosh the water towards the drain. The floor was still wet in the morning when we had to use it again! Its obviously a design fault and not a major thing but when we were checking out and mentioned it to the chap at reception his attitude was horrendous! He talked over us and kept on saying the same thing over and over that they had a maintenance team and it would have been fixed if it had been reported before etc etc We were not complaining about this per say but merely mentioning it as it needs to be addressed His attitude was astounding it was as though this was a personal attack on him and the hotel and it really wasnt! He did not charge us for the parking which is £5 but we were not after any refunds or anything We had paid in advance ! It was a shame as we have family in Cardiff and this hotel is ideally priced and positioned and is well worth staying at in the future. It has not put us off staying there again but it did spoil what was a good stay in a nice hotel. Maybe he was having a bad morning?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront area of the old East Dock in Cardiff Bay is the prime position of the Express by Holiday Inn. Only 15 minutes walking distance from the centre of Cardiff makes a great place to stay, and to view the magnificent local shops and picturesque Arcades.Walking distance to Mermaid Quay and Millennium Centre. It is also situated in the heart of Cardiff's exciting Bay Development. With places of interest including Cardiff Castle, the home of the Welsh Assembly, the Millennium Stadium, The Millennium Centre, Techniquest the Children's Science Museum and the Museum of Welsh Life at St.Fagans, the Express by Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay is your one and only choice for accommodation in Cardiff. The Express by Holiday Inn is located just off M4 Motorway, which makes access very easy, and brings you around the city centre, showing you attractions like you have never seen before. There is ample onsite parking, which is charged at £6 per 24 hours. For your peace of mind, our car park is monitored 24 hours a day by CCTV.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Hotel Cardiff
- Holiday Inn Cardiff Bay
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Wales