“Great location and good amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Cardiff

Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location and good amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 4 nights on a work trip. The location is great: close enough to walk to anywhere in the city but just outside the city center so as to avoid the rowdy night crowds.

We were happy with the size of the room and the hotel amenities. They do have a nice, heated indoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, and a well-equipped gym. We also enjoyed the hilton honors lounge that comes with a great view of Cardiff's castle. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

We didn't like were the obstructing fire doors on every floor. Our room was at the far end of a corridor, so we had to open three sets of quite resistant doors every time. Also, on the second day of our stay, one of the two hotel elevators broke down. On day four of our visit, it still hadn't been repaired. So, all the hotel guests (spread over 6 floors) depended on sharing a single elevator. That slowed down things significantly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your first class review following your visit to Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was a very pleasant one. The beds were very comfortable with excellent, big mattresses. Our room, which was just an average one, had both a shower and a separate bath, which is a nice touch. The shower had good water pressure. It had a nice gym that my husband used and liked. The view from the lifts is nice, which isn't essential, but is appreciated. The breakfast the next day was very nice. I liked the mini pastries and the smoothies in particular. Highly recommended

nice France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Perfect hotel for overnight stays away from home. Clean, comfortable rooms and good facilities are very good. Had a great view of the castle nad it is very close to the centre and the Cardiff museum.

The double glazed windows in my room were a bit cloudy. I guess I must have stayed just before the windows got cleaned!

Room Tip: The higher up the better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Had a fabulous weekend in Cardiff at the Hilton, staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Spacious room with lovely view of the Castle, very clean and large bathroom with a bath and separate shower. Had a delicious evening meal in the restaurant, very reasonable, then into the bar with nice friendly staff and atmosphere. Good breakfast next morning too. Great location, next to shopping centre, and bus stop to the Bay right outside the hotel. Hope to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

A big thank you for your First Class review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and it is great to read your fantastic comments!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

PA to General Manager
Hilton Cardiff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall this is a comfortable hotel although unfortunately one of the lifts stopped working whilst we were there so that the remaining lift was very busy and entailed long waits. Very central with taxi rank and bus stop nearby whilst Queen St shopping centre is just round the corner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for our review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and our central location in the heart of the city. I do apologise that the lift was out of service during your stay and for any inconvenience caused to you. I am happy to report that this has all been resolved and is now in working order.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

PA to General Manager
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here recently for one Sunday night. The hotel is well placed, close to Cardiff Castle and the city centre. It is about 10 minutes' walk to Cardiff Central station.

My room was spacious and the facilities within good, with a large bathroom with separate bath and large shower cubicle.

The reception staff were helpful and I purchased breakfast and dinner vouchers for £12 and £15 respectively. Whilst the breakfast was the standard buffet fare, the dinner was excellent with 3 enjoyable courses.

I would stay again at the hotel if I could secure the rate I paid on this occasion, which was £74.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed there for two nights. room was large and comfortable. some small niggles though. reading lights on headboard did not work. coffee sachets not replenished. no costing given for use of minibar, even though there was an implication that it was a freebie. haing to pay 20£ a night just to have your car parked. some of the hot food at breakfast was decidedly not hot.
however, the staff were pleasant and courteous.
would i stay there again? maybe, but pricing is a little steep overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your email.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location the large and comfortable room and our friendly team. I am however very sorry to hear of the small niggles you experienced at the hotel and for any inconvenience caused to you.

I do hope that you will visit us here in Cardiff again and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com