“CARDIFF VISIT”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Hotel staff very helpful on check in and room was available even though we were early. Our car was taken away for parking. Room was very comfortable and quiet. Only bad thing we noticed was some dirt on the floor of the cooking area while we were waiting for cooked breakfast items. This created a bad impression even though everything else was very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit but I was disappointed to read your feedback regarding our cooking area and this will be shared with our operations team for their immediate attention.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Delightful place to stay but things tend to be overpriced. In addition to cost of hotel, internet is costly (I feel it should be included) and drinks etc are way overpriced. £4 for a bottle of water certainly represents a good markup!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I have also noted your comments regarding the water and internet charges in your bedroom and your comments will be taken on board.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is in a really good location for exploring the city and only 10 minute walk from central station. The staff in all areas were all very helpful and attentive, the only let down on the standard of service during my stay was the breakfast staff. I guess this was due to how busy the hotel was (weddings) and the fact that the executive lounge was closed at breakfast forcing everyone to go to the main restaurant, the hotel management had however taken the decision to give executive customers complimentary breakfast.
Being a frequent Hilton user for both business and pleasure the executive lounge is really important as it gives me a chance to relax and catch up with email, this lounge is well located on the 7th floor with great views over Cardiff castle, the 2 female staff were very attentive, my criticism is that it also appeared to be used as a meeting place for other hotel users, Saturday night had a very large group suddenly appear and completely take over the lounge. The snacks were also very strange, fish fingers and sandwiches on sticks that were the same as had been served in the afternoon. (Not good). The ultimate disappointment was when the staff at 8pm on Saturday evening told everyone the lounge was closed??? Not just the bar as advertised but the lounge, please leave the lounge is now closed!
This hotel is well appointed with good leisure facilities but it needs these areas addressing as it lets the whole Hilton hotel experience down.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front of the hotel on a weekend as outside is the main taxi rank, the screamin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to Cardiff.

Please do accept my apologies that our Executive Lounge was not available for breakfast during your stay and for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. I have also noted your additional comments regarding the food and closure of our Lounge and I will share your feedback with our operations team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. The staff are friendly, professional and welcoming. The food and drink selection is great especially when on business and you don't fancy venturing outside. They really make you feel at home. The rooms are well presented, clean and comfortable.

The hotel has high standards and it shows.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we made you feel at home.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel very nice, excellent facilities and breakfast. Had to phone the duty manager at 1am on the saturday night because of the horrendous nose coming from the ground floor a wedding party disco/celebration we could not sleep for hours. Not fair on other clients who paid good money to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid wedding parties, would have been great otherwise!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff.

I would like to offer my apologies for the problem you encountered with noise during your stay and for any inconvenience this caused to you at the time.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy our facilities and the service your received from our team.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Fantastic hotel, excellent staff and food, wonderful location. could not ask for anything more. superbly run for the comfort of guests would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for any kind of break.

Room Tip: We had a brilliant room on the second floor, no outside noise at all, nor hotel noise. we were on th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

A big thank you for your fantastic review!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We are very frequent Hilton users worldwide and usually spend a little extra on the room rate to enjoy the benefits of the Exec Lounge. Lounges do very from hotel to hotel but we felt the Hilton Cardiff was pretty poor. No newspapers to read. Very poor evening canapés; sausage rolls, fish fingers and stale sandwiches - not usual Hilton fair. We were also shocked that only wine was served. We learned that you could ask for a spirit but it was a bit of an effort, not made to our liking and you were made to feel awkward by asking for a large G&T. Every other Hilton we have visited worldwide allows you to make your own spirits and so I'm unsure why Cardiff has to make it so awkward and unfriendly. Lastly, on a busy Saturday evening, we were asked at 19.50 whether we wanted a last drink which we accepted. Then at just a few minutes past 20.00, we were told the lounge was closed and asked to leave. We tried to take our drinks with us and were sternly advised this wasn't possible. We have experienced the most wonderful environment in Hilton lounges worldwide but at Cardiff the offering and service was frankly poor. Needs attention if we are to return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LordSheepscombe

It was very disappointing to read your review regarding your visit and your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge.

I would like to apologise for your experience in the Lounge and I would like to reassure you that this certainly is not the norm. Your comments will be taken on board and shared with the team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

louisa.stride@hilton.com