“Centrally located and great facilities”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed overnight when on business in the area.

The good:
Very centrally located, shops just a 2 minute walk away as well as city centre restaurants
Large, comfortable and well equipped room
Decent room service menu
Valet parking - only a small premium over the closest 24 hour car park
Breakfast good quality and wide selection
All staff very friendly and efficient

The bad (all small points):
I used the recommended sat nav postcode but this took me past the road which accesses the hotel and meant a frustrating diversion and queue in peak time traffic to back track
My room overlooked the internal areas of the hotel and I found the curtains poor at blocking out the lights
My shower did not drain effectively meaning resulting in a pool of luke warm water and a very slippery floor

Will certainly use again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I would like to thank you for your review of the hotel following your stay here with us in February.

I was so happy to read your positive comments and that you will be visiting us again here in Cardiff. I have also noted your constructive remarks and this is something that we will certainly take on board and I appreciate you taking the time to bring these to our attention.

If I can be of any assistance regarding any future stays please do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cardiff

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visited here Saturday night for a 3 course champagne meal with my boyfriend. We went to The Metropole Lounge first and had cocktails which were very nice. We then had our food at the Razzi restaurant which was superb. The portion size and quality was fab. Although all quite expensive it was certainly not a rip off. The service was also extremely good and very welcoming.
I would highly recommend the Razzi restaurant or Metropole Lounge and would love to stay here over-night in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your fantastic review following your visit to the hotel for a Champagne Dinner.

Your comments regarding the service, standard and quality of your meal are great to read and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel was lovely, the best service i have experienced at a Hilton Hotel. As soon as we stepped out of the car we were taken care of. Food was also lovely, especially the breakfast. I liked the breakfast. I like breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for your fantastic review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay our service and our Hilton breakfast!

I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Decided to stay at the hotel as part of the celebrations for my 50th Birthday with my Mum, Husband and Daughter and I just want to say how pleased we were that we did. Excellent Executive rooms which entitled us to use the Executive Lounge, so we were able to have Afternoon Tea as part of the deal which was lovely. Staff were all really friendly and very helpful and the hotel and all the facilities were of a very high standard. The one thing that I will remember though is walking into our room and finding a lovely 50th Birthday chocolate cake courtesy of the hotel, what a lovely touch and something we have told all our friends about. Touches like this make all the difference and it put the icing on the cake so to speak of a great stay. Would definitely return as excellent hotel in excellent location for the shops, local restaurants and theatres.

Room Tip: Fantastic if you have a room overlooking Cardiff Castle
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to the hotel for your 50th Birthday celebrations!

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for 1 night and had a great time.

Pros:
Very well priced
Executive Suite was huge
Clean and tidy
Great spa facilities
Freebies in Exec Lounge were well worth getting an Exec room for
Friendly and helpful staff
Great location - right next to castle
Valet parking

Cons:
Aircon/heating was very noisy
Room 625 had view of a car park
Room service/concierge were sometimes slow

All in all, a very good Hilton hotel with typical Hilton standards, would definitely come back next time I visit Wales

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am really pleased that overall you did enjoy your stay and the facilities in our hotel and the executive lounge. I have also noted your additional constructive comments and may I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you at the time and may I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Wales and if I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped at the Hilton for one night early February. Was allocated a newly refurbished room, very nice indeed, nice smell of new carpet!

Room very well appointed, large bathroom and double shower cubicle, nice!
Funny thing was, there was a large tiled pillar in the middle of the bathroom, obviously holding up the upper floors, however it cut down the size of the bathroom considerably!

Only ate breakfast at the hotel, many many choices available, which all appeared to be cooked well. There was even pancakes and syrup which you dont see at many hotels in the UK.

All in all, I wish I'd have had chance to stay longer as it was very comfortable (bed was excellent)

Small footnote... I discovered later that I was charged for the mini bar, which I didn't use, however on challenging this I will be refunded... if not I'll be back on changing this review!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am really pleased to read that you were impressed with your new refurbished bedroom and the selection available at breakfast and you found your bed very comfortable. I do apologise for the problem you encountered with the error with your mini bar charges and for any inconvenience this caused to you at the time.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and if I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Pleasant hotel right in the centre. Concierge service when you arrive so you have to think quickly to remove EVERYTHING you need as the car is taken off site somewhere. Room was clean and comfortable - i couldn't locate the in-room tea/coffee but was later told it was tucked away in a drawer under the TV! Room service let the place down as the food did not reflect the description on the menu! Excellent service from the staff though!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It was great to read your fantastic review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us on business and the standard of your bedroom and may I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon and if I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me.