“Would stay again”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is our 3rd stay at the Hilton which is in an excellent location. Our room, (508), was huge, very clean, but a little bit tired and very stuffy when we walked in. A member of staff quickly arrived with a special device to allow us to open the windows. Not everyone like air-con, especially when it's meant to be summer! As on previous visits we enjoyed an excellent dinner in the restaurant, and especially the chefs mushrooms the following morning at breakfast. Front of house staff are very professional and welcoming and we find the valet car service very convenient. I would recommend this hotel, but I do feel that Hilton are letting themselves down a little bit on the details.There is a need to attend to grubby grouting near the bottom of the shower in 508, and at the price we paid for the room a couple of packets of biscuits would not have gone amiss.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best for views, (particularly nice to look across to the Castle), and quietness.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SammiF2012
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I would like to thank you for completing a review of the hotel following one of your recent visits to Cardiff.

It was great to read your overall comments regarding your stay and the welcome your received by our team. It was disappointing to read your feedback regarding your shower and may I offer you my apologies for any disappointment this caused during your visit. This has been brought to the attention of our operations team for their immediate action.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit and if I can assist with anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hilton Cardiff

Write a ReviewReviews (3,392)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent hotel with great stays. The views of the city are great especially the castle. Would thoroughly recommend. The staff where extremely welcoming and helpful. One negative was the executive room was a little dated. For the price I felt I had excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
The Netherlands
Reviewed July 2, 2013

All staff members are very client-focussed and try to help and are very interested; this was a repeat visit and some of them get to know you very well; kind of makes you feel at home. Reception desk staff offered me to print my boarding pass at 2 AM! They paint the restaurant during the night so as not to disturb the guests during the day. The view on the adjacent Cardiff Castle really is superb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

A big thank you for your fabulous review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I was so pleased to see your wonderful remarks and this is something that I will share with the team here at the hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit !

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just spent 9 days at this very pleasant hotel. We were impressed with the friendly service and really appreciated the great location. It was great fun to gaze out the window onto Cardiff castle and a lovely park. It is steps from the castle, the marvelous museum and the bus that takes you to Cardiff Bay, a must visit in Cardiff. It is very close to many good restaurants, entertainment and other attractions. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom well appointed with a great shower, and a very nice breakfast with numerous options. The room carpets need a bit of updating but that is a very small complaint. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your first class review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It was really great to read your feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your nine day visit to our hotel and enjoyed our location, facilties and service.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit very soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

From my room I had a clear line of sight to Cardiff Castle and the university. As much as a higher floor might have been nice, I appreciated the upgrade to a junior suite. Some minor issues with traffic logistics to get to the entrance but a delight once inside. The front of house staff were welcoming and informative, The real treasure in this place is the executive lounge. The staff were accommodating and pleasant, the wine selection better than average and the view stunning. There is a bus stop right out front for travel to Cardiff Bay but most of the points of interest are an easy walk away.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is a quiet room given the traffic and the lounge singer but you may be better...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your visit to Cardiff.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful service you received from our Front of House Team and I will certainly share your generous praise. I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgrade a junior suite and the facilities, selection of wine and great view from our Executive Lounge.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my children.

As you would expect with Hilton, every was well executed from the webbooking to the late checkout. We had a double room which had 2 double beds in and was therefore perfect for the 3 of us. The hotel was a 10 minute walk from Cardiff Central and set opposite the Castle.

We tried the pool and gym which were both very good and we also ate in the hotel as part of a half board deal which was also good and great value.

Liked : Good food, service, location, room, contemporary design & pool
Disliked : At £120 HB for 3 - Nothing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank your for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your visit to Cardiff.

It is great to read that the hotel lived up to your expectations of Hilton and your feedback will be shared with the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

in city centre opposite the castle. Very stylish art deco building, well equipped and comfortable, excellent restaurant and leisure facilities. Good for business and leisure trips. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marion S

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Hilton Cardiff.

It was great to read your feedback comments and praise of the hotel and we are all very happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.