“Back for another stay”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Check-in excellent as usual, got offered upgrade for £20 to a Junior Suite (114).
Unfortunately no wifi accessable in this room - signal is down to one bar which is not useable.
Did call front desk, who arranged for someone to call me back, which they did - suggested I tried by the door of the room .. tried and no further joy.
So will stick to rooms on higher floors ending up 01-05 in future as this spoilt the stay completely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife spent the night there for our first anniversary , in the executive sweet , we had a lovely stay and would recommend it , we will definitely be staying there again , the view from our room was lovely and looking over Cardiff castle, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food especially the breakfast was very nice and plenty of it. We look forward to doing it all again and going back soon

• Stayed: June 2013
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

It was really great to read your fantastic review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your great feedback is really appreciated and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to celebrate your anniversary and enjoyed the view from your suite and our famous Hilton breakfast.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel, location fab, room great size, brilliant shower, great parking facilities, just stayed 1 night, was hardly in room as spent most of time shopping and dining. Left after breakfast. Did complete feedback form as requested from booking.com and stated that hotel was perfect but room decor was a little tired!
However 2 days after return home received a letter enclosing photos of a room carpet and a room chair with what appeared to be old stains and informing us £150 had been debited from our card for professional cleaning services! There was no bill from the cleaning company or proof this was pictures of our room. We did not cause these stains and therefore i would encourage anyone to ask a manager to accompany them to their room on arrival and departure.
Such a shame because i loved this hotel and its location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Really heathly and delicious breakfast.Bathroom and room , huge and very clean.
comfortable bed. the team on the reception were very polite and efficient . the conciege booked our taxes ,restaurants , and was very knowledgable. All the members of staff were helpful, nothing was to much trouble. the area was perfect for the castle, shopping, Art gallery
park and restaurants . well done Hilton

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

A big thank you for your great review of the Hilton Cardiff following your recent visit.

It was really great to read your fantastic comments with regards to the service you received from all of the team here at the hotel and something that we take great pride in. I am pleased that you were happy with the size of your bedroom and enjoyed your breakfast and our central location opposite the castle.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife were very impressed with the quality of the food ,the cleanliness of the overall accommadation of the hotel this was the fourth visit to the Cardiff Hilton and we found the standards were excellent on each visit.The kitchens were spotless dining rooms were first class.The bar was also first class as was the reception area.The bedrooms were also excellent.All the members of staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them, if we had problem it was sorted out very quickly.Avery satisfactory stay. Looking foreward to our next break.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the castle i think are the better and sunnier
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

When you have dietary issues as I do, eating out can be a problem, I know it is difficult to cater for me, so I am quite happy to settle for something simple. But my waiter and the chef, were not happy with my making do, they wanted me to have a lovely meal and the chef came and spoke to me and went through all that and I could and could not have and made a wonderful meal for me.
When you provide the service that is expected, it does not deserve recommendation, when you go the extra mile, and they certainly did here, then praise is warranted.

The staff were all friendly and helpful.
I very much enjoyed my time in the health club.

The only downside and why I did not give the hotel full marks, was the fact that I paid extra for a castle view room and I could not see the castle, only some wall. Also the fact that I did not get to sleep till 2am due to external noise, when I mentioned this at reception I was told that it must have meant that the window was not closed, when I said it appeared closed as I had checked, they said that it has to be closed in a certain way for the soundproofing to be efficient !!! So please book this hotel, I would certainly book again, but I would not bother to upgarde and I would pack earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your visit to Cardiff.

I was so pleased to read your fantastic comments regarding the service you received from our Razzi Restaurant and our Executive Chef with regards to your dietary requirements and it is great to read that they went that extra mile to ensure you enjoyed your meal.

May I offer my apologies for the problem encountered with external noise and any inconvenience caused to you at the time.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with your reservation.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's a absolute pleasure when Hilton really do all they can to follow the brand values, I am a seasoned Hilton Traveller so do not often leave a review but this stay requires some feedback.

Staying in the presidential suite on the 7th floor was an absolute pleasure, surprised to received a personal welcome from both the Hilton Guest relations team and the hotel duty manager as the hotels seemed busy, yet they both arrived to make sure things were as they should be.

Great room as expected from the brand, with wonderful extra touches which really helped my stay to feel like a special one.

There are not many Hiltons left out there that really grasp what the band is trying to offer but this one nails it every time....

Now a Diamond member I will be making sure this is in my top list of rooms to stay in the UK..

Worth the trip

Thank you Hilton for taking the extra steps, This customer very much appreciates it !

Don't change anything!

Room Tip: Book an executive room for a nice view of the castle!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff following your recent stay in our Presidential Suite.

Your fantastic comments concerning our team and our hotel are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.