“Executive De-stressed”
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed for my wife's birthday for 3 nights in an executive room with lounge access. Not cheap but worth the money. The lounge access saved us a fortune in drinks and the service was second to none. A slight moan would be that the bedroom itself I thought was a little tired in its decor, our view was of the back of other hotels, but having said that we were'nt there for the view. The pool area also needed a spruce up as the changing room was very tired indeed. These comments may come across as a moan of sorts, but they are more of an observation. The staff at the Hilton are a credit to the brand and I would definitely use this hotel again. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your visit to celebrate your Birthday.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and de-stressed and able to enjoy our facilities in the Executive Lounge. May I also thank you for your constructive comments regarding the hotel and we will take this feedback on board so that we can further improve our standards and service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Loved this hotel 2nd stay was as good as the first, notably the amazing breakfast. Loved the lift and the double shower. Beds very comfortable slept well and appreciated all the extras in the room as we were going to a wedding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me and the kids wanted to do something fun for Easter so we booked a deal at the Hilton in Cardiff, as soon as we pulled up outside and the doorman arranged to park the car and we were made to feel very welcome. Lovely front desk staff and the restaurant was very nice and not too expensive. The pool and sauna where good and clean, defiantly going back!!

Room Tip: No tip --- Just enjoy!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

It was fantastic to read your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so pleased that you and your Children enjoyed your visit to our hotel during the Easter holidays and it was wonderful to read your feedback regarding our facilities and the lovely welcome you received from all the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I visited the Hilton for spa treatments and sunday lunch. The spa was very busy with lots of children using the facilities, so wasnt the most relaxing atmosphere. The treatments were average. We had this on offer but wouldnt have paid full price for the spa experience.
The sunday lunch was outstanding, so much choice and high quality food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Cardiff Hilton following your recent Spa Day visit.

I was very sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Escape Spa and it was very disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your constructive feedback will be taken on board and may I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I was however really pleased to read your positive comments regarding your Sunday Luncheon in our Razzi Restaurant and that you enjoyed our high standards of food and the selection available.

I do look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Firstly I chose the Hilton for its' spa facilities and secondly we needed to be central. The Hilton hotel is as central as you can get with a wonderful view of Cardiff Castle. As you expect at any Hilton chain a good standard of service by the staff, which I must say was superb as always. The chef's scrambled eggs are by far the best I have ever had, so compliments to the chef! The public areas were clean, tidy and very presentable.

The only negative comment about the hotel was the standard of the bedroom I stayed in. I stayed with my friend we had a 'twin room' (two single beds) however, the decor was very basic and the walls and curtains were blue. The furniture had cigarette burns in the wood and it was a non-smoking bedroom. The desks were also very old, with chips out of the wood. This aspect of the stay was very disappointing and I was unable to comment to the hotel as there was no comment card in the room or a pen or paper.

Above all, the staff made the stay more enjoyable it was just the out dated bedroom with the cigarette and chunks in the furniture that spoiled it a little.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Cardiff following your recent two night break.

It was really great to read your wonderful comments regarding the service you received during your stay and we take great pride in receiving such positive feedback. I was also pleased to read that you choose our hotel because of our central location and our health club facilities and I do hope that you enjoyed these.

I have also noted your constructive comments regarding your bedroom and may I thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been shared with our operations team so that we can look at ways to further improve our standards and service for our guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just came back from a 3 nights stay and really enjoyed our stay. Great location with beautiful rooms made our visit so much more memorable in Cardiff. We highly recommend everyone to stay here and also to visit Cardiff as it is one of the most beautiful and modern cities we have visited in recent years.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

It was really great to read your fantastic review of our hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our facilities during your three night stay and our central location for exploring all that Cardiff has to offer.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stay here twice a year for work conferences, always have a fab experience. Staff are friendly, and happy to help. I am awful for losing my keycard - they always give me a new one without a problem!

I usually stay on the exec floors but have also had the standard rooms - honestly no difference between the two bar access to the exec lounge - which is amazing. Free nibbles / booze in the evening and (minus the booze!) perfect way to start the day with some cereal / toast and a cuppa over looking Cardiff castle while catching up on emails (free wi fi in this area). Just lovely!

Rooms are reasonable size, with Internet access if required (but need to pay for). Tea / coffee facilities, TV, safety box & trouser press.

Gym is okay for a few days away from normal gym, pool is more for dunking than swimming but a very cool experience as looks like your in a submarine!

All in all a great place to stay in Cardiff, ridiculously central without the havoc!

Room Tip: Upgrade to exec floor if possible within budget, well worth it just for the exec lounge access!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your first class review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel.

I do look forward to welcoming you back and if I can assist in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me.