Hilton Cardiff
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$169
$165
$143
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$109
$72
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$139
$115
$198
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$139
$144
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$209
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$119
$91
Agoda.com
3,448 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecastle viewafternoon teaopposite the castlehealth clubwalk in showerjunior suitesteam roomlarge bathroomwelsh cakesper nightcity centresaturday nightbreakfast was excellentleisure facilitiescar parkingmillennium stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Hilton hotel in Cardiff is a lovely hotel, we upgraded to a junior suite which was a lovely room with separate lounge and big bathroom.Check in was smooth and the reception staff were very professional. As we had a suite we also had lounge access, the lounge was on the 7th floor with stunning views to the castle. Again the staff were lovely and we had afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks in the lounge. We decided to eat in the restaurant as we were going to see JCS the musical and we were pushed for time, this was our BIG mistake, on arrival in the restaurant we were seated nextbto the only other couple in the dinning room!! We explained we were in a rush and had already decided what we wanted, when placing our food order my choice was unavailable so we had to look at menu again. We both ordered steak ( two different ones) and I ordered the soup and my partner the smoked salmon. While waiting for our starters we had to ask to order drinks and ask twice for water. The food was lovely and well presented but we then had to as for salt nd pepper. We waited a while for our steaks and I had to go and ask where there were, when they finally arrived the waiter did not know which steak was which and we ended up with the wrong steaks. We asked for vinegar but they bought those awful plastic packets and when we asked for vinegar in a real container the waitress went away and never returned!! Again the steaks were very well cooked and at least the hotel can take comfort in the quality of the food. The service in the dining room was appalling and well below the standard of the hotel, it turns out the hotel management are aware of the issues but I am not sure we would try the dinning room again, the hotel is one we will be returning to.

Room Tip: If going for upgrade go for non castle view as lounge gives great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Hilton Cardiff.

Firstly, I would like to offer you my apologies for the issues you have highlighted with regards to the service in our Razzi Restaurant and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It was however great to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to a Junior Suite and the great view of Cardiff Castle. I am pleased that you took advantage of our afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks in our Lounge and I do hope that you enjoyed the Musical !

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Cardiff Hilton in early September. The hotel is centrally located, with a great staff and very nice executive lounge (it's small, but nice). Check-in was very easy and - with the bar and restaurant just off the lobby. My room was clean, comfortable, and provided all of the essentials.

After spending several nights in a London hotel (not a Hilton), I was glad to return to the complimentary internet access (Hilton Honors benefit - so I'm not sure if it is free for all guests). The buffet breakfast was great. The location is on the edge of Cardiff's pedestrian zone - and across the street from the castle. I'd recommend the live music lounge/bar about 100 yards behind the hotel - as well as Casanova's Italian on Quay street (the best meal that I had in Cardiff).

All in all, I'd return to the Cardiff Hilton. A very solid business hotel in Cardiff.

Room Tip: Executive lounge is very nice and has complementary drinks and light meals at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hilton Cardiff is a nice hotel and not so expensive. The rooms are simple decorated not offering anything special. I was dissapointed because the room does not have a double blazing and there was a llot of noise especially in the Saturday night. The breakfast also i quite expensive. Advantage: It is situated in the town center. There is a lot of space for improvement.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent visit.

I was very sorry to hear of your experience with external noise during your stay and for any inconvienence this caused to you at the time.

Thank you for bringing your comments to our attention and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Mixed bag really everything from amazing front desk staff - well done Caitlin - to the biggest rip off restaurant I ever ate in. The price for a single glass of wine was nearly £11. The food was average at best – my Liver was raw at the thinnest end so dread to think what rest would have been like. This is the first time a waitress has “advised” me to have a side dish with a knowing look that intimated you will starve without one. She was right by the way – the portions are miniscule and the prices sky high. Breakfast as ever the usual cop out buffet, “We charge a high price for doing nothing, and you do the leg work”. For the prices charged I would have expected table service. My advice simply eat out – Cardiff has a plethora of great eating places. Finally the car parking charge – at £20 it’s a joke. But not a very funny one.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking castle - nice view Rooms on higher floors are better as the hotel is on a junction of the main road and the main walkway the drunks sem to use to get home at all hours of night. Rooms facing into the atrium can be noisy when there are conventions or large meetings on
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for posting a review of the Cardiff Hilton.

I was really pleased to read your comment regarding our Front Desk team, especially Caitlin. I was however very disappointed to read your additional feedback and I am very sorry for any disappointment caused to you at the time.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel and had an ok stay. The room is average, nothing fancy or anything. The bathroom is a nice size with a bath and shower and the shower actually has some pressure. We had a room with a view of the castle which was nice however it meant that on Friday and Saturday nights the noise from the main road, pubs/ bars and bus stop will keep you awake till 3 or 4 in the morning. There is also a Police station nearby which meant that everytime the Police were called a Police car with all their sirens blazing would zoom past the hotel. There is no double glazing so it can get pretty loud. From what i could tell regardless of where your room was in the hotel it was bound to get loud. The hotel holds a few conventions which can last quite late and that also contributes to the noise. Housekeeping could be improved and they also insist on starting early so if you want to sleep in lock your door and put out the "do not disturb" sign. Breakfast and room service is quite expensive but there are heaps of places to eat nearby. Wifi is 15GBP per 24 hours so if you dont want to pay through the nose just go to McDonald's for free wifi or the Touist Info Centre for 1GBP per 30 mins. All in all an OK place to stay with it being in a good location but a few improvments would make it fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends