“Nice Stay - Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Cardiff

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Cardiff
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Durham NH
“Nice Stay - Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Cardiff Hilton in early September. The hotel is centrally located, with a great staff and very nice executive lounge (it's small, but nice). Check-in was very easy and - with the bar and restaurant just off the lobby. My room was clean, comfortable, and provided all of the essentials.

After spending several nights in a London hotel (not a Hilton), I was glad to return to the complimentary internet access (Hilton Honors benefit - so I'm not sure if it is free for all guests). The buffet breakfast was great. The location is on the edge of Cardiff's pedestrian zone - and across the street from the castle. I'd recommend the live music lounge/bar about 100 yards behind the hotel - as well as Casanova's Italian on Quay street (the best meal that I had in Cardiff).

All in all, I'd return to the Cardiff Hilton. A very solid business hotel in Cardiff.

Room Tip: Executive lounge is very nice and has complementary drinks and light meals at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hilton Cardiff is a nice hotel and not so expensive. The rooms are simple decorated not offering anything special. I was dissapointed because the room does not have a double blazing and there was a llot of noise especially in the Saturday night. The breakfast also i quite expensive. Advantage: It is situated in the town center. There is a lot of space for improvement.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent visit.

I was very sorry to hear of your experience with external noise during your stay and for any inconvienence this caused to you at the time.

Thank you for bringing your comments to our attention and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Shrewsbury UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Mixed bag really everything from amazing front desk staff - well done Caitlin - to the biggest rip off restaurant I ever ate in. The price for a single glass of wine was nearly £11. The food was average at best – my Liver was raw at the thinnest end so dread to think what rest would have been like. This is the first time a waitress has “advised” me to have a side dish with a knowing look that intimated you will starve without one. She was right by the way – the portions are miniscule and the prices sky high. Breakfast as ever the usual cop out buffet, “We charge a high price for doing nothing, and you do the leg work”. For the prices charged I would have expected table service. My advice simply eat out – Cardiff has a plethora of great eating places. Finally the car parking charge – at £20 it’s a joke. But not a very funny one.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking castle - nice view Rooms on higher floors are better as the hotel is on a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for posting a review of the Cardiff Hilton.

I was really pleased to read your comment regarding our Front Desk team, especially Caitlin. I was however very disappointed to read your additional feedback and I am very sorry for any disappointment caused to you at the time.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel and had an ok stay. The room is average, nothing fancy or anything. The bathroom is a nice size with a bath and shower and the shower actually has some pressure. We had a room with a view of the castle which was nice however it meant that on Friday and Saturday nights the noise from the main road, pubs/ bars and bus stop will keep you awake till 3 or 4 in the morning. There is also a Police station nearby which meant that everytime the Police were called a Police car with all their sirens blazing would zoom past the hotel. There is no double glazing so it can get pretty loud. From what i could tell regardless of where your room was in the hotel it was bound to get loud. The hotel holds a few conventions which can last quite late and that also contributes to the noise. Housekeeping could be improved and they also insist on starting early so if you want to sleep in lock your door and put out the "do not disturb" sign. Breakfast and room service is quite expensive but there are heaps of places to eat nearby. Wifi is 15GBP per 24 hours so if you dont want to pay through the nose just go to McDonald's for free wifi or the Touist Info Centre for 1GBP per 30 mins. All in all an OK place to stay with it being in a good location but a few improvments would make it fantastic.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently returned from a very good stay at the Hilton Cardiff.
Excellent service from all staff members we encountered during our stay- special mention to the barman who was very friendly and welcoming.
The hotel is a very good location, close to the shops, bars and castle.
The valet parking is very good and efficient, if a little expensive!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cardiff once again in the near future.

Cardiff, Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

After experiencing afternoon tea at the Angel Hotel in Abergavenny, I thought this would be an ideal start to a more mature hen night out. The Hilton seemed seemed the perfect spot for us to go on afterwards. However, we were disappointed overall. I had presumed that we would be in the Razzi Restaurant but we were placed in the Metropole lounge - this does not suit an afternoon tea at all! Three small round tables placed together did not add anything to sociability and made it feel fragmented. The food was ok but the service was appalling! We were left waiting constantly for drinks and coffees and had to remind the staff we were waiting on a number of occasions. We were supposedly to receive 'bottomless tea and coffee', yet after the initial pot no one came near us to offer us more. The drinks were extraordinarily expensive! Over £10 for a glass of wine!!!!! The coffee was also disgusting and my aunties did not even drink it. If you are after a fab afternoon tea experience I would recommend either Waterloo Tea shop in Waterloo Gardens if you have to say in Cardiff or make the journey to The Angel in Abergavenny. I wouldn't recommend the Hilton sadly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stressedteacher
south wlaes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

vistied here in oct 2012 for a champayne breakfast that was on offer with travel zoo. we sat in the conservatory, was served immediatley with orange juice , one glass of champyane and coffee.we helped ourselves to a full english which was very nice, toast and pastries , would defintley reccomened the Hilton in Cardiff , and i would go again reagardless if it were on offer or not .