“Lovely”

The St. David's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My and my partner stayed here on a 'treat your partner night' for our first anniversary. The staff were very friendly, especially the bar staff, they do great cocktails which were a bit pricey but worth every penny. The breakfast was very nice, freshly served. The room had a fantastic view, so peaceful. I would look at prices for our wedding here. :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments. We would love to host your wedding and would be happy to discuss our unique and competitive packages with you. Please contact us directly to enable us to send you a package. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was our second one night stay at St. David's, and we enjoyed it very much. The rooms are simple, contemporary and timeless in style, and are clean and well prepared. Thoughtful touches are included - different types of hanger, a shoe horn, clothes brush, that you don't get in all 5* hotels. The views and balconies are great. We had drinks in the bar, very pleasant staff and efficient waiter service. We used the pool, the facilities were all immaculate and the staff polite and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, again attentive staff, and an excellent choice with cooked and continental buffet (regualry re-freshed) as well as a la carte choices - very good eggs benedict! I have only 2 suggestions - an extra easy chair in the bedrooms would be good, so that a couple can sit back and take in the views, and ditch the faux fur throws and cushions on the bed, which are starting to look and feel a little icky. These are very minor matters and we will back for our next planned visit in June. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel’s unique location and individual service and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in June.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed in St Davids, Cardiff for two nights and I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are more than adequate with Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate and still water, shoe shine kit, the bathroom kit shower gels etc. You get use of the spa and in the room there is a white bathrobe and slippers. Comfortable clean beds. lovely views over Cardiff Bay. The staff were lovely and couldnt do enough especially Nathan on the desk who was very helpful and had a great sense of humour. My only criticisms would be the bath wasnt very clean (it had the previous occupants body hair in it) the cereals for breakfast seemed very cheap ie not named like the cheaper shop brands and I dont think it is right to charge
£8 per night parking. I will definitely be staying here again next year..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and your kind comments have been passed to the team. Thank you for your constructive feedback which will be discussed with my Operations team as I assure you that St David’s has an ongoing commitment to supporting our guest’s needs.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I took my partner away for two nights for his 30th birthday and went to Cardiff as a change to London. I am so glad I chose St Davids Hotel for our trip.
When we got to the hotel to check in, I was told we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite for our stay. The room was gorgeous with amazing views, even on a grey day. All of the staff were extremely professional and friendly. They really helped to make our stay extra special.
On the first evening, we had tickets to a stand up show in the city centre, but we had an early meal at 'Tempus at Tides' in the hotel. The food was wonderful and when the staff found out we had to be out at a certain time, it was made sure that we were served promptly and with no delays.
We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings and the choice was excellent, as was the standard of the food. Again, the service was fantastic.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is slightly out of the city centre, but the views from the sea view rooms make up for this. The taxi to the city centre never cost us more than £5 so it really wasn't too much of an issue.
I will hopefully be staying at St Davids Hotel again in future and I very much look forward to it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your stay with us. I have already passed on your comments to the team here at St David’s. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

what a gorgeous birthday treat .
Staff friendly and helpful at reception.
Upgraded on arrival to top floor.
Wow what a view. Floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides overlooking the bay.
Bedroom clean and pleasant.
Complimentary bottle of wine too.:-)
Separate lift to leisure pool.
Short walk over to the bay for an evening out.
Breakfast also excellent waiting staff couldn't do enough.
Would definitely stay here again.
Only negative. . . Charging for the Hotel's own carpark seems a little cheapskate and that's the last memory you get of your stay.

• Stayed: September 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

This was the second time I have stayed at the hotel and I would like to express my views on this wonderful hotel. At the arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady named Natalie who was very professional and very welcoming . Whilst being checked in the other receptionist by the name of John approached us and welcomed us back to the hotel as he recognized us from our previous stay. We found this personal touch to be very warming and had a homely feeling . From then on our stay was amazing. Room was clean and tidy and we were upgraded to a deluxe room. Unfortunately we did not have time to eat at the restaurant because we were going to the theater. We had breakfast which was lovely and check out was smoothly but not as friendly as our arrival. Maybe because there were different members of staff at check out. Overall a fantastic stay- I personally believe your staff are a credit to your hotel and Myself and My wife will be back soon as we would like to use the leisure facilities .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear guest

I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and you kind words have been passed to the team. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to St David's.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed 3 nights from Sunday to Wednesday in an executive room which they placed two roll away beds in for the children aged 8 & 4.

The hotel staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough to help. The concierge Jeff was very knowledgeable about the area and helped us plan our stay. Very useful guy to get to know if you stay there.

The rooms were very clean and everything in that you would expect in the way of toiletries.

The leisure facility was really clean and the children loved swimming in the pool.

Breakfast was everything that a Full Welsh breakfast could have been with plenty of everything to go around more than once. The restaurant seemed overpriced for the food being served in the evenings so we ate at the Marina area which had several good eateries.

The car park for the hotel was £8 per night but the NCP right next to it was £5 for 24hrs so it may be worth parking in the NCP?

Overall very pleased and we will return without a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dirksdonuts

Thank you, we are delighted we were able to accommodate your needs and look forward to welcoming you back to St David’s in the future.