We are frequent visitors to Cardiff but this is the first time we have stayed here.
Overall we were impressed - consistently great Reception staff and concierge, a good bar with nice staff and smart public areas. We loved the live music in the bar. The location is good - very convenient for Mermaid Quay, Dr Who experience and the Millenium Centre.
The only let downs were an overpriced restaurant with a very slow drinks service (you may be better ordering evening drinks at breakfast to get them in time for your food) and a chaotic breakfast - although to be fair it was extremely busy when we were there.
The rooms were nice, but feeling tired. However the spectacular views from them make up for it in part.
We are sad we didn't get time to try the spa out, but the hairdresser on site was good. We would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales