For my boyfriends birthday last year, i booked us a room at this hotel and we were very happy with our experience overall- the room, the service, the facilities etc so for his 21st this year he said he would love to stay at the hotel again...
I found us a very, very reasonable deal on line and after checking in to our room today asked if we could be moved to a higher floor as we were given a room on the 1st floor. After explaining to the fantastic receptionist Ayesha that we had come back for my partners birthday she immediately went out of her way to upgrade us to a beautiful suite, without any hesitation and at no extra cost! Its very rare to get service like this in this day and age and particularly without having to pay an extortionate amount! I also asked to add an extra night to our stay and she was very helpful in agreeing a reasonable rate to match those offered online, in fact even better!
When we went up to our upgraded room there was even a lady stood outside our room ready to greet us with a bottle of Rose and Welsh cakes! Absolutely amazing treatment! Made us feel super special!
For people with complaints on here I would recommend actually bringing it up with reception during your stay rather than when you are about to check out/or have left as you don't give them a chance to put things right... For example I have seen many complaints on here about no robes and slippers in rooms but a couple came down to reception while I was down there and explained their room was missing those items and Ayesha endavoured to put it right straight away, also reminding me to make sure to tell her if anything was missing/not right in our room...
You must give people a chance to put things right for you before you go complaining or else you are being totally unfair and from what I have seen they are more than willing to help here! I really urge people considering St Davids to give it a go! Well worth a visit in my opinion and I am sure we will be coming back here for many more birthdays! Thanks St Davids and especially Ayesha for making my partners birthday one he will never forget! I cannot thank-you enough! Very grateful:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales