“business trip”

The St. David's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed December 16, 2012

lovely hotel situated on cardiff bay. the view over the bay is stunning, breakfast and rooms lovely, just what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. the highlight of my stay was watching the starlings dance over the bay just before dusk. thousands of beautifuly dancing birds.

the signage in the hotel left me lost, looking for the spa, it wasn't easy to find.

would highly recommmend this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms have all mod cons
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay whilst on your business trip. I have to agree the starlings murmuration is indeed a spectacular sight and they haven't let us down at 4pm every evening yet!

Your feedback regarding the signage is noted.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas.

There are newer reviews for The St. David's Hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here on the 14th of December for a christmas party and decided to stay there for the night. Paid £99 for room only with a 10% discount which I did think was expensive. However the room was amazing. The bed was huge and the bathroom was amazing. Had floor to ceiling windows and a balcony with a full view of the water. Went down to the pool which was great. We really didnt want to leave it was so excellent. Didnt here any noise from any other rooms. Excellent quality toiletries.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow, the title of your review is certainly a great accolade! I am delighted you enjoyed all that St David's has to offer. We hope to see you again soon when a warm welcome awaits you.

Kind regards and Happy Christmas.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Three friends and I stayed at this hotel for one night on 13 December. I was allowed to check in early and was informed by reception that I had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. In fact, we were all upgraded. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff I met. It made our stay very enjoyable, and I would not hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012

I am so pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words have been passed to the staff, thanks so much. We hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Kind regards and a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Began our stay with afternoon tea which was lovely, fantastic range of teas and wonderful service - the range of sandwiches and cakes were impressive. The room was very comfortable and a good size. The Spa had some great facilities although the quality of treatments varied significantly dependent on therapist.

• Stayed: August 2012
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel’s unique location and individual service and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Only stayed one night, if I had to fault anything I would say the breakfast could be better , room 710, great vews over the bay, nice and clean, everything you could need. A few minutes walk to a wide selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colinHUk

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you choose to return on a future visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived at 2pm hoping to check in early and were told our room was not ready but they would call us when it was and would not be later than 3pm as check-in is guaranteed from them. Spent an hour walking round to receive no call so went back at 3pm to be told our room was still not ready. Waited a further 35 minutes...still not ready. It was only when we pushed the point that we had treatements booked for 4pm and needed our room that they found an alternative.

Managed to check in at 3.45pm and got to the room and only one robe and no slippers so had to call down to reception for more to be brought up.

The hotel is starting to look tired especially the spa area and the bathrooms.

The biggest grip is having checked out of the hotel on Sunday morning I still have the holding fee pending on my bank account which the hotel say they have done all they can and nothing further they can do! Great customer service - not - seeing as now I cannot access £224 of my own money as I paid the hotel in cash!

I would stay somewhere else as this hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kimorg

I was disappointed to read your comments and I am sorry to read that certain elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. I hope you contacted the Duty Manager regarding these issues so that we were able to rectify them immediately.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night in December. Room was spacious,comfortable and clean.Bathroom a bit dated but otherwise fine. Ordered a meal from room service which was very disappointing,poorly presented,out of the freezer and some parts microwaved.Wine was good though.Breakfast was also poor,lukewarm bitter coffee,cheap sliced bread toast-standard fare below the standard expected of a five star hotel.Surprised to be charged for parking and outraged that there is a surcharge for credit cards. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank abc55Somerset

I was disappointed to read your comments and I am sorry to read that certain elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured your comments will be discussed and addressed with my Management team.