“Wow!”

The St. David's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visited St David's Hotel with my parents for a two night stay. We arrived early and although our rooms weren't ready the staff switched us to rooms that were. Both rooms were outstanding - mom and dad's lush and dramatically decorated with a large water facing window view; our room more modestly decorated but with a balcony also with a spectacular water facing view.

Both bathrooms were immaculate with delightful toiletries and good quality towels. The beds were large and extremely comfortable - all of us having undisturbed nights' sleep.

Breakfast on both mornings was delicious! The buffet was extensive and everything was well cooked and hot. On the second morning we asked to sit outside and although the tables were laid ready the staff accomodated our request quickly.

The only criticism I have about our stay would be the price of parking - although this now seems to be commonplace for city centre hotels.

We are already planning our second trip - although this time without the parents!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a balcony and a water facing room. As with all views, the higher floor the bette...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
StDavidsH0tel, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and the service at St David’s. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Graeme Barclay

Write a ReviewReviews (3,996)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for leisure and we were upgraded to a fab suite. The hotel is great and nothing is to much trouble with attention to detail and a warm welcome from staff. We would thoroughly recommend the hotel and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed our attention to detail and the warm welcome from our colleagues. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Lovely hotel. Excellent facilities the spa is one of the nicest I've been to in a long time. Rooms are lovely especially with a view over the bay and a door straight onto the terrace (even in December). Only thing I would comment on is the awful coffee served in the bar. Otherwise could not fault the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you choose to return on a future visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

For anyone who wishes to stay at a luxurious hotel in Cardiff, the st David's hotel is not to be missed!

I visited the junior suite in late November and had a fantastic time! It's a 2 minute walk to the bay which offers restaurants and bars.

The service I received from the moment I walked through the doors was second to none. I was met by Natalie from reception who made me feel very welcome and took time to explain where everything was in the hotel and what to do if unwanted to use the amenities.

The rooms were very big and clean.

The restaurant served delicious food so much so I didn't eat out of the hotel for the duration of my stay!

I can assure you, this hotel is a little gem and that I shall be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your excellent comments. I am delighted we were able to accommodate your needs and look forward to welcoming you back to St David’s in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel with my fiancee a few times, its easily the best hotel we've stayed in. We've stayed in the executive rooms, which boast views over the bay, and come with a complimentary bottle of bubbly.
The facilities are great, the rooms are well equipped, spacious and clean, the service is spot on and the breakfast is very good indeed.
If you're in the cartdiff bay area you need not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your stay with us. I have already passed on your comments to the team at St David’s. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in late November.Hotel is located in Cardiff Bay within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants in Mermaid Quay, the Welsh Assembly Building and all the attractions of Cardiff Bay.The hotel enjoys excellent views and offers excellent friendly service.The Spa facilities are excellent with various pools,sauna and jacuzzi all providing a relaxing atmosphere.The Gym is small but well equipped and offers great views over the bay towards Penarth and the staff are extremely helpful.Cardiff City Centre is a 5-10 minute bus or taxi ride away and the hotel offers and excellent base for leisure or business travellers looking for a touch of luxury.Rooms are spacious and well equipped.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are easily accessible by lift and offer great views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel’s unique location and individual service and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stunning location overlooking Cardiff bay
5.00 taxi ride and you are in cardiff city centre or a minute walk and you are on mermaid Quay
Best hotel I have stayed in and I have stayed in a few
Very clean and all the extras as well

• Stayed: December 2011
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your stay with us. I have already passed on your comments to the team here at St David’s. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.