I stayed at St. David's with my husband, for our weekend break. The hotel was AMAZING! I stayed in Hilton, Park Plaza, Holland House but none of thm come close to this modern hotel in Cardiff Bay. Everything was excellent! Rooms had soft modern style, comfortable beds, light and airy room, nice bathroom. Staff was superb, receptionists Nathan and Jemma were lovely. Rooms cleanless I just can compare with hospital. Only down fall was the carpets seemed a little tired. Well work, but clean at least :)
Good aminities in the room! hairdryers, ironing board etc. No adaptor but Craig from concierge brought this up for us. He was so helpful in suggesting where in Cardiff we could eat. Very good service. Nice plazma TV on wall.The hotel staff was so helpful and attentive. They took care of us during all our stay. It's really nice to stay in place where you can see all smiling people.
And LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Our bedroom had floor to roof windows. We were in Cardiff Bay side and it was so relaxing. We saw boats passing which was nice. From outside you can see how fabulous hotel looks like. Like a ship. I'm a real shooping fan, so for me this area was ideal. Just a short taxi ride of hotel was Cardiff shopping stores. Shops, restarants, bars, casinos, clubs are in walking distance in Bay.
And about PRICE! All the people who said that the hotel was expensive.. Why you were going there?? For a 5* hotel the prices are amazing. Try and get a 5* room for £170 anywhere else... Before booking you knew that its 5* hotel in the best location of Cardiff. So what do you expect? The hotel is worth his price (low price if you ask me). If you are not ready to pay these money, than you are free to choose 3/4* hotels :)
All in all I highly recommendSt David's for everyone. From bussines people, to families with kids. You not gonna be disappointed!!
I'M DEFINETELY COMING BACK THERE AGAIN ON MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. David's Hotel is situated on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. Dynamic and contemporary in style, the hotel incorporates an impressive floor-to-ceiling, glass-backed atrium that provides a vision of space and natural light. All bedrooms have private balconies and waterfront views. Just five minutes from the centre of Cardiff, St David's Hotel is adjacent to Mermaid Quay with a wide range of entertainment including The Wales Millennium Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The St. David's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. David`s Hotel Cardiff
- St Davids Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff St Davids Hotel
- St Davids Cardiff
- The St. David's Hotel Cardiff, Wales