“Loveley”

The St. David's Hotel
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed at St. David's with my husband, for our weekend break. The hotel was AMAZING! I stayed in Hilton, Park Plaza, Holland House but none of thm come close to this modern hotel in Cardiff Bay. Everything was excellent! Rooms had soft modern style, comfortable beds, light and airy room, nice bathroom. Staff was superb, receptionists Nathan and Jemma were lovely. Rooms cleanless I just can compare with hospital. Only down fall was the carpets seemed a little tired. Well work, but clean at least :)
Good aminities in the room! hairdryers, ironing board etc. No adaptor but Craig from concierge brought this up for us. He was so helpful in suggesting where in Cardiff we could eat. Very good service. Nice plazma TV on wall.The hotel staff was so helpful and attentive. They took care of us during all our stay. It's really nice to stay in place where you can see all smiling people.
And LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Our bedroom had floor to roof windows. We were in Cardiff Bay side and it was so relaxing. We saw boats passing which was nice. From outside you can see how fabulous hotel looks like. Like a ship. I'm a real shooping fan, so for me this area was ideal. Just a short taxi ride of hotel was Cardiff shopping stores. Shops, restarants, bars, casinos, clubs are in walking distance in Bay.
And about PRICE! All the people who said that the hotel was expensive.. Why you were going there?? For a 5* hotel the prices are amazing. Try and get a 5* room for £170 anywhere else... Before booking you knew that its 5* hotel in the best location of Cardiff. So what do you expect? The hotel is worth his price (low price if you ask me). If you are not ready to pay these money, than you are free to choose 3/4* hotels :)
All in all I highly recommendSt David's for everyone. From bussines people, to families with kids. You not gonna be disappointed!!
I'M DEFINETELY COMING BACK THERE AGAIN ON MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisylove76
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you very much for your excellent comments regarding your stay with us. I have already passed on your comments to the team at St David’s and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Recently booked a spa day and afternoon tea to celebrate a family members birthday. Firstly the negative, when I called to make the booking was presented with the dreaded call routing options, you know the ones "please press 1 for this and 2 for that." After much tooing and froing between the restaurant and the spa as they couldn't take bookings for one another despite it being offered as a joint spa and afternoon tea package the day was booked. Advice to the hotel please sort this out and have one point of contact for all requirements.
However my initial reservation at the poor booking experience was quickly overcome by the actual service we received. The first example was a call from the restaurant manager who had reviewed our booking and called to make a recommendation on the timing of the event as he was aware that there was another large function on at the same time (rugby game) that may impact on our experience, I was really impressed by this attention to detail.
On the actual day this level of service was continued and the attentiveness of the staff and general friendliness was brilliant. They made us feel special, not rushing us throughout the experience and generally provided a top notch service.
I didnt use the spa but those in our group that did said it was fantastic and relaxing and would definitely want to do it again.
Overall would I do this again, yes and pretty good value for money too, just improve the upfront booking please.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you, we are delighted we were able to accommodate your needs and look forward to welcoming you back to St David’s in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I had a very long flight ahead of me and decided to treat myself to a night of luxury beforehand - I couldn't have chosen a better place.

Staff were friendly, polite and extremely helpful and I felt like an A-lister the moment I walked through the door.

I'd only booked a standard room, but was bowled over by the balcony and the view from it. Everything was clean, crisp and had that high class hotel feel. The bed was large and comfortable enough to make me wish I'd been able to book another night.

Location couldn't be better. Once I'd settled in I took a night time stroll along Cardiff Bay and - much more relaxing than being in the middle of the city centre,

Overall, I couldn't rate this hotel highly enough. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be treating myself again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope you chose to return on a future visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Great stay.

1st class service, rooms, facilities, location.

Executive room with balcony well worth the additional cost.

Looking forward to return visit soon.

Artificial flowers on patio near bar are a bit naff but I guess the wind is a reason for that.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerley

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed here a month ago for the first time - decided to treat ourselves and found a deal on the internet for a room upgrade at a reasonable price. We have already been back for another nite's stay and will look to stay here next time we are in Cardiff, if we can get a good price. The hotel is well placed and very welcoming, the staff pleasant and informative. Both rooms we had were lovely - good views, balcony, spacious. Robe and slippers provided, fluffy towels and nice smellies, decent refreshment tray. Bathroom is lovely, shower excellent. We had breakfast the second time we stayed, and it was excellent. The best hotel breakfast I have had in a very long time. We enjoyed the spa on our first visit, but it is a little bit shabby, with rust on metal work and the ceiling appears to be made from a material not suitable for a damp area - it looked a bit 'bulgy' and needed re-painting. However, it wouldn't stop me from using the spa, just a point that could be improved.
The lounge area has a very nice atmosphere - ideal for a nightcap.
Only thing I could suggest to improve the bedroom is better lighting over the luggage rack - the subtle lighting in the entrance corridor is not sufficient when looking for things in your suitcase.
I'll be watching out for some offers and booking B & B here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your constructive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

The staff were immediately attentive and proactive in trying to provide help.
front of house; restaurant and bar staff; room service; and spa staff were all equally impressive - polite, confident & cheerful.
The room was exceptional, though I was lucky enough to have an upgrade, with fantastic comfortable bed and a good size bath which makes a change for just about all hotels these days.
The only draw back was lack of space in the car park so had to use the pay and display opposite.
I have already booked my next stay and this is now my hotel of choice when in Cardiff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

The staff at this hotel are exceptional and nothing is too much trouble. Having stayed in Cardiff many times on business, I was delighted to discover this hotel and it felt like a treat instead of a business trip. I shall return.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much. Your kind comments have been passed to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.