Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff)
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$108
$127
Marriott Hotels
$138
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$110
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$158
$144
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$137
$108
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$48
$45
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$116
$93
$135
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,626 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Absolute shambolic excuse for a hotel! My room was absolutely filthy with questionable stains on the bathroom curtains. The mattress was so hard and lumpy that I woke up with back pain, the radiator was broken, the room was covered in mould and the breakfast was terrible no wonder the staff were unhelpful all they had to deal with were complaints.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Where to start. The 1st thing that caught my attention was the state of the fleece curtains. Meant to be a sky blue colour, but were caked in thick dust, and other assorted stains. The temperature of the room was a little colder than my fridge, to the point where I had to sleep wearing a hoody! The bath/shower, in the room I was in the only way to climb in to the bath was to risk slipping.

The mattress much have been all of 4 inches thick, with springs from the early 19th century. Worst night sleep ever!

In short, there are many other hotel n cardiff, choose anyone of them! I even considered finding a police officer to see if they had any spare cells, they would have been more comfortable!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Room was basically clean though communal areas were not. Room was absolutely freezing and wall heater did not work. They had provided a small plug-in electric heater but I wouldn't sleep with that on - too worried about it catching fire as some of the appliances looked really dodgy. I slept with all my clothes and pajamas on including coat!
Wouldn't stay here again

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute as I was stranded due to the snow. It was super cheap and based on the reviews I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The 24hr reception is really convenient.The room was basic but clean and had all the amenities. The bed was comfortable.The only dirty part of the room was the curtains, which were hideous and in desperate need of updating. Now for the bad point: the noise. The walls seem to have no sound proofing whatsoever. Not a problem for me as I can sleep through anything but if you're a light sleeper then this is not the hotel for you. One other thing that bugged me was that the radiators seemed to be on a timer so when I got up at 6:00 it was rather chilly and I couldn't turn them on. I also left too early to try the breakfast so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was terrible, I've stayed in youth hostels better than this place. The room was filthy, the breakfast room is awful along with the breakfast its self. The breakfast consisted of tea/coffee, toast, cereal and croissants, and it didn't look like they could even be bothered to make it look presentable. The whole place was just run down and so unprofessional. It may be a budget hotel but the staff could at least wear uniforms or matching clothing, we couldn't tell staff from guests most of the time. The walls were paper thin so we could hear both neighboring rooms and upstairs. I understand that John Malkovich is a share holder but the the amount of peculiar (for lack of a better phrase) photos of him around the hotel and in the rooms, were quite unsettling. The whole building is extremely run down and the interior looks nothing like it does on the website (except for the reception/bar area). In my opinion the place needs gutting and starting over. The only thing I can say I was pleased with was the reasonably priced 24hr bar and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple