“Research trip turned into a fun day out”
Review of Techniquest

City Sightseeing Cardiff Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #12 of 162 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Interactive, hands-on exhibits make this science museum the perfect destination for families.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Myself and my friend came to do research for a university project and ended up staying until closing time playing with all the exhibits. A great place for people for people of all ages. From children learning about science, to adults having a nice day, it suits all people.

There are newer reviews for Techniquest

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a must-visit attraction in Cardiff. It's perfect if you have kids but you don't need them if you're interested in science yourself. My favourite parts are the theremin and the resonant frequency thingy in the water area. I also like the see-through fish. It's particularly good if you go at a time when there are events going on, for example when I went there was someone there with some snakes which was cool. This place could easily keep children occupied for hours and they will learn a lot too.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a must especially if you have curious older children

Plenty to see and fascinating exhibits. I liked it all and there is nothing to dislike - it was hard to drag me away from there

Reviewed March 4, 2013

You don't need to take kids along to enjoy this. We are 62 and 58 and had an absolute ball. Yes indeedy, science really can be fun.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I took my 7 year old nephew and he loved it. We booked 2 shows, the Mars and the Space experience's in the planetarium, the Space one was far more interesting but the staff member who delivered the Mars experience allowed the children to take part and we had loads of laughter. As an adult I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The only negative comment, the cafe staff need extra training in customer service.