“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellini's Express St Davids - CLOSED

Bellini's Express St Davids
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Llandaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

had works xmas do there.All meals pre-ordered and came correctly.Good central location and nice table for eating.I had bruschetta,very nice,followed by Pollo Martini, this was fab and finished off with Tricoletta di ciocolatta, also nice.The meal was booked for 7:00PM so the atmosphere wasnt very xmas feeling.
People in the place looked like they were dining after xmas shopping rather than on a night out.Price , at £24.50 for 3 courses was ok, as were the drink prices.
In summary , you go to a restaraunt for good food and Bellinis provided this.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Old Cleeve, United Kingdom
“Great food and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to Cardiff for an event at the Motorpoint Arena (CIA) just across the road. It was a Sunday evening and heavy rain so we didn't want to be venturing too far. We went to lots of different restaurants which were full and giving a waiting time of over an hour for a table. We were just going to leave the building when we found Bellinis. I thought I would just check if they had a table for 2 and the waitress I'm pleased to say fitted us in! We were served our drinks while we chose from the italian menu. I was with my 14 year old son who was expecting good food after our trip to Italy back in August! We both decided on pizzas. I chose the Fiorentina (Salami, spicy sausage and black olives) while my son had the Messicana (with chicken pieces and chilli). They were both delicious and the pizza base was just right! I thought, being very busy, that we wouldn't have time for a dessert but the excellent service meant we could enjoy the Tiramisu which was superb. I would definately go there again.

• Visited December 2012
Neath, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Would thoroughly recommend Bellinis in St David’s Eastside, Cardiff. Went on a Friday lunchtime with husband and mother-in- law. Friends had recommended the one in the bay but we were rather apprehensive after mixed reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. Had booked in advance although it wasn’t full and were shown to a pleasant table in the corner, by the window. All the waitresses were lovely and the food was delicious. My m-in-l is very fussy with her food but loves our home made lasagne so she had that. She loved it. My hubby had penne with strips of fillet steak in a spicy tomato sauce (can’t remember the Italian name!) which was quite hot in spicyness and delicious. I had ravioli with spinach & ricotta and I chose the butter sauce to go with it which had quite a lemony flavour. It was gorgeous! For dessert I had profiteroles – nice, while the other 2 had summer fruits topped with almond crumble. These were in small ramekins. Flavours were delicious but the crumble topping was disappointing because it was soft, but they both still enjoyed it. We had printed off the 2 for 1 coupon off the internet so the price added to our enjoyment! The lunchtime menu is good value and the portions are the same size and quality as the a la carte. Will definitely be back & may try the one down the Bay.

• Visited October 2012
cheshire
“Great venue for a light lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just stopped by for a cappucino and light bite, and really enjoyed the flavours of the lasagne and prawns on ciabatta. Just right for a quick lunch. Reasonable prices, perhaps staff could have been a bit more on the ball.

Visited October 2012
Wales, United Kingdom
“Nice food, nice place & nice staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's our second visit here and the food was fantastic yet again. The price was a little expensive but we were eating in the capital city!

• 3 of 5 bubbles