I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the shops in Cardiff Central. I really liked this place. No frills yes but a nice enough restaurant, clean spacious rooms and it was just a few minutes walk from the the shopping areas. Not a direct walk though- you had to go around a housing development but it was still very close.
I must say though it was NOT a reasonable walking distance from the train station with heavy luggage. I don't care what my Iphone said -6 min walk HAH! Perhaps if it was just me and my backpack I would have walked but it was cold and rainy so we took a cab and was very glad we did. For about 6 pounds my daughter and I and her INCREDIBLY heavy suitcase were dropped off in the front of the hotel.
After reading the very enticing menu my daughter wanted to eat at the hotel, I wanted to explore what Cardiff had to offer so we compromised- we had dinner elsewhere and dessert at the hotel. The service was awful and the dessert just ok. We chatted to the people at the table next to us and they really enjoyed their dinner but were also complaining about the table service.
The front staff were really nice and helpful.They called us a cab when we needed to go back to the train station and kept our luggage so we could spend the day exploring until our late train to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City Centre you're perfectly placed to sample all the delights the capital has to offer. And, with sweeping views from our top floors, the city is - quite literally - at your feet. From our newest Cardiff hotel, you're just a short hop from all the hot spots including St David's Shopping Centre, Cardiff Castle, the Welsh Assembly and the Millennium Stadium. Then when you're ready for a rest, our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds are just the ticket. This hotel has conference facilities This hotel has 2 meeting rooms, the largest of which can hold up to 16 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room at our premiermeetings website Directions: Take A48(M) towards Cardiff (East & South) for 4.5 miles. Take exits toward Cardiff (East), Docks and follow Newport Rd towards Eastern Ave North. Continue forward for 2 miles, under the railway bridge. Turn left at Station Terrace passing Queen St station, at cross-junction go straight ahead. At the next junction turn left passing the Ibis Hotel on your left then turn right at the lights then turn right again before the Motorpoint Arena then turn right again at the lights then you will see the open air Rapport NCP car park. (Sat Nav CF10 2EH). Charges apply, Monday- Sunday 11GBP per 24 hours. This is discounted rate for hotel guests - tickets need to be validated at hotel reception. Hotel is located opposite the junction on Churchill Way. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena 0.25 miles The Millennium Stadium 0.5 miles St Davids Hall 0.25 miles Welsh Institute of Sport 1 mile Cardiff Central Station 0.8 miles Cardiff International Airport 12.5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Wales