“A different way to spend an eve” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk

Cardiff History and Hauntings - The Llandaff Ghost Walk
Ranked #7 of 44 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a ghost walk with a difference, for adults and older children (min age 12) brought to you by "Cardiff History and Hauntings" offering professional guided walks discovering Cardiff's past - on this walk you are in a city but can enjoy a mystical rural atmosphere, a chilling torch lit Cardiff ghost tour in an ancient village setting amidst ruins, graveyards and wooded lanes, with the spirits of those long dead – sad phantoms, strange lights, and sinister entities. Just a 10 minute bus ride from Cardiff Castle.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A different way to spend an eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went with a group as a different birthday experience. We went with the meal option as an optional extra. It was extremely well organised with Jim contacting me (as a late addition) really quickly after I had booked. He also then came and introduced himself to us before we sat down for our meal so that we would know where to be and at what time.
The walk was well thought out, with stories that offered an intriguing history to somewhere I've known my whole life. Everyone in our group was interested for the entire experience and it is something that I still think about when cycling up the Taff Trail.

Visited February 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Ghost stories and local history wrapped up in british history!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I was this as a christmas present.
I live in Cardiff so I am aware of Llandaff but after my walk I see the place through different eyes.
As for ghosts some people on the walk felt they saw and felt something!
Top priority must wear warm clothes good walking shoes or wellies. The feild you walk to is uneven and with rain can be muddy, and along the river and back along the path to the graveyard.
Your own torch is important also although you can hire one believe you have to give a deposit.
The story telling is excellent and builds up as you do this 2 hour walk ,in a very small area around the Catherdral so you will be standing for sometime.
Being on time is also important as there where several groups and we were all on time and thanked.
If you are staying in cardiff centre then it is easy to catch the bus to Llandaff from the central bus station cardiff city bus number 24 will take you there, just get out in the village, ask for a £3 pounds day ticket. But there is also stagecoach bus number 122 unsure of price.
Want something to eat and drink before you start you do the walk? Llandaff has several excellent pubs and a very good chinese.Look up on trip adviser for more info.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank WYEVALLEY
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good fun way to spend an evening, with a difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and an ex did this walk in 2012 as an alternative way to spend an evening rather than going to a bar. We had a good time and can recommend it to anyone who's thinking about going. There are plenty of spooky stories and the Cathedral grounds and graveyard are great venues for some of them to be told!

Visited April 2012
Cardiff
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked online just before I went to get the discount, was very pleased with the price. Was advised online to bring a torch but couldn't find one so borrowed one from the guide (Jim) as he had plenty to go around, thanks!
Didn't know what to expect with the tour but was so pleased with the result. It was really interesting as well as spooky with lots of history information, Jim really knows his stuff. One valued detail was that as well as Jim leading the group, there was another member of the Cardiff History and Hauntings team walking behind everyone to make sure no one was left behind! I would have never have thought of that but would definitely be grateful if I was at the back of the group.
The tour was so scary, we walked through the woods of Llandaf stopping every now and then to gather round Jim while he told us some frightening details/sightings/stories/legends about the spots we were standing in, torches were all turned off for the story telling which was a great, but terrifying, little detail. The group was kept at a decent pace, not too slow and not too fast which is great for a variety of people doing the tour.
We wandered through the woods, clinging on to each other for about 2 hours but it did not drag in any way, even though it was cold and dark. Jim kept the group interested and we were all excited for ( as well as dreading) the next stop so that we could hear more of what he had to say. Once we came back out of the woods and back into a lit area we thought we were safe but no! We were then taken in to the locked Clock House as Jim had the key and were told more tales! Jim then finished the tour with a funny but still scary tale, handed out free bookmarks and stayed around for anyone who had questions/experiences to share.
I was so impressed with this tour and it was great value for money. I will definitely be going on it again and would love to try one of the packages available where you go for dinner in a restaurant literally a minute away from the meeting place.
It is a great location, close to the city centre with good transport links and a handful of pubs and restaurants seconds away.
The website is very informative and helpful. I have since bought a gift voucher for a tour online as a Christmas present, Jim was very helpful and it was all very straightforward and simple.
Amazing!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank ilikeholidays77
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A brilliant different night!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Myself and My boyfriend went on this walk last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have lived in Llandaff for 12 years and did not know about a lot of the things that are around the Cathederal. Jim is a great host and His wealth of knowledge makes it a fascinating history lesson as well as a Ghost walk - so there's something there for the sceptics aswell!

I would recommend this walk - a great night out and Llandaff has quite a few nice pubs so you can go for a little drink after (to calm your nerves if need be)

This is a hidden gem in Cardiff and Jim certainly adds to the whole experience and deserved nothing but praise (along with his "partner in crime" who's name I'm really sorry I can't remember, but he was the brave one at the back of the group making sure nobody was left behind!!)