“The nicest hotel I ever stayed at”

Number One Hundred Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just back from an overnight in Cardiff where I was absolutely bowled over by this lovely hotel. Set in one of the beautiful Victorian houses on Newport Road and although it's a bit of a walk from the city centre, I enjoyed it and got to see parts of Cardiff I'm not too familiar with. However, it's easy to find and good bus links from the city for those who aren't so fond of the scenic route. I chose this hotel because it was near the Gate arts centre where I was going on Wednesday evening, and I couldn't have been happier and felt totally at ease walking around the area day or night. Family run, beautifully decorated, so comfortable, such good value and really everything you could want from a hotel and the warm welcome you receive immediately makes you feel at home rather than a typically impersonal hotel stay. The rooms are so stylish, with lots of original features & absolutely spotlessly clean. I missed the 'best bit' apparently which is the breakfast, but it looked great. My only regret is I am unlikely to stay there again, as I am now moving just a little further up the road from it, however I will definitely recommend it to all visitors.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms here, however, I was in room 5 which faces onto the Newport Road. I...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
hotelonehundred, Owner at Number One Hundred Bed And Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Your review was such a pleasure to read . Thank you for taking the time to write it. Hope you enjoying living in Cardiff . Take care

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My partner & I have just had a lovely weekend staying in room 5 at Hotel 100. The room was spotlessly clean & felt like a home from home.The service from Abi, Charlie & Helen was second to none. We shall look forward to our return visit :-)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We arrived late at this b&b and were treated so good! Accommodation so good and excellent value. Free wi fi also. Nothing was a bother. Continental breakfast was all you could ask for and a cooked breakfast was available for £5 if you wanted one. Service in everyway with a smile. I would highly recommend and we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here earlier this week and booked a twin room for £45.00 which at that price, I was not expecting anything special. However, how wrong can you be, a lovely little boutique B&B which is spotless and very welcoming. A few larger hotels would do well to stay here as they could learn a trick or 2.

Firstly, I booked via Laterooms and the site claimed only to have twin rooms left. I booked the room and requested a double if possible and on arrival, I was given a double room (Room 1) which was lovely.

Next, they keep in touch! They sent me a text in the morning prior to arriving to confirm my arrival which was a nice touch.

The B&B only has 7 rooms but mine was very well set out. A large comfy double bed, an en suite shower room and although the room faced the main road, the double glazing kept the noise out so it wasnt an issue.

I have 2 bug bears with most hotels. I hate that there are never plugs beside the beds and I hate paying for wifi. In each case here, plugs a plenty around the bed and free wifi.....in off the pink!!!

I had a very comfy night and had a good continental breakfast in the morning. The owners Mum was running the property as they were away and she was so friendly, helpful and full of chat.

I really enjoyed Hotel One Hundred and would not hesitate to come back when next in Cardiff. Well done guys, a rare find!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mj2000uk

Thanks for such a well written and informative review . You are too kind. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again.

Abi and Helene

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a great value hotel. Helen is a fab host. The hotel is within walking distance of Cardiff centre with parking also. Lovely and comfortable and nice breakfast. Have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My first sight of this B&B was quiet negative because it was situated in a busy road (no parking facility on a busy narrow road) and the buildings next to it looked old and scruffy. However, when we entered the B&B, I was relaxed to see it was very different from its outside. The breakfast room was large and tidy. When we were shown our room, it was clean, tidy and had everything we needed. The room was a bit small but the price was very low when compared to other B&B in or close to Cardiff City Centre. The price included room and continental breakfast but traveler can add some more money for a full Welsh breakfast. The host Helen was really friendly and helpful. She advised us to walk to the city centre instead of driving there as it would be very costly to park a car in the city centre. It was very convenient to walk to and from the centre indeed. This B&B does have a private car park at the back but traveler should reserve one when booking is made as the parking space is very limited, three cars at most. We were told it would be safe to park the car along the side road as long as no valuables are left in the car.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dorothy C
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed there one night in October at room 7 which I think the best room ever! The comfort was like a 5 star hotel. And the staff was perfectly friendly very kind and helpful. Don't ever hasitate to stay there.

Room Tip: Room number 7 is a great choice for a couple
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple