“Good Local Eatery”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cathays
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my 3rd visit over the years to this restaurant, and this time we ate there as a party of six. Very welcoming staff and very efficient when taking food and drinks orders. We all decided on the sharing mezza plater accompanied by the arabic bread as a starter, as we wanted to experience all the various types of Lebanese food. Everybody thought it was a good portion size and was very enjoyable. Wine and Cocktails were good especially the Long Island tea. For my main meal, I chose the Spicey Lamb served with Rice, which I really enjoyed, others had the mixed grill which was a nice selection of different meats and well proportioned.Unfortunately we didn't have time for desert as another large table had reserved the table we were siting at, so felt a little rushed, when politely advised of this, and had to vacate our table and leave. Please bare this in mind if you book an early sitting, as your evening may be cut a little short due to the popularity of this Restaurant. The only downside for me was, the main Restaurant and Gents Toilets were clean however in need a face lift, which I believe would make it more appealing attribute to obtaining a five star rating on Trip advisor. I would definately go back just to try something different, however on my next visit, I would make a reservation for the latest sitting in order not to feel rushed .

1  Thank Lewis6690

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love this place, have been on two separate occasions with family and the other with my boyfriend. The food was absolutely gorgeous on both occasions, really fresh authentic food. They serve a wide range of cocktails (which are very strong for a warning!). The yogurt dessert and cardamon coffee are a must! The service is also very friendly and helpful. Only downside is that it is not the cheapest place to eat in the area.

1  Thank lpcdiff
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went last night...had the Kibba and the chicken wings. Meat was so tender. Both of us then had the main which had a selection lamb and chicken. Food tasted amazing! Hosts were very friendly and restaurant, although small, was very welcoming. Cocktails were amazing aswell. Would definitely recommend!

2  Thank Jenna548
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Firstly we got a really friendly welcome. It was a cold evening but the restaurant was really warm but not too hot. We had a 6 dish sharing starter. They very kindly swapped one dish out of the set starter and the food was really tasty. The falafels, tabbouleh, Battata Harra, Kibba and humous were delicious especially the Battata Harra. The house wine was a good standard. For mains I had Mashwi Mwshakal which was a mix of things but the Mina Kofta was excellent. I will have this on its own next time!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visited for the first time Feb 10th 2013. Mina’s is amazing; the atmosphere is extremely cosy and welcoming. The waiter and waitress (sorry didn’t catch their names) were so friendly and helpful and we felt at ease and comfortable. They took their time to explain some of the dishes we weren’t familiar with.
Food was gorgeous (hummus and prawns to start and a chicken dish and mixed meat dish for main) – was fresh and tasty. We weren’t rushed and there was a nice flow to the service. Sampled their “Margarita on the Rocks” cocktail and it was one of the nicest I’ve ever had!
2 starters, 2 mains, 1 dessert, 3 cocktails and 2 beers came to less than £60 which I think is a good price, especially as it was all so nice!
Would recommend booking as the place is always packed – we went on a Sunday night and was still busy. Can’t wait to go again – if the place had been opened for lunch the next day I’d have gone again!

1  Thank Vixp