“My new favourite restaurant”
Review of Bangkok Cafe

Bangkok Cafe
Ranked #150 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol UK
“My new favourite restaurant”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This restaurant has it's 'mother restaurant' in the centre of Cardiff and have been going to The Thai house for over 25yrs . This fairly new venture by the owners is in my opinion more authentic and serves more tantalising food .
Though the restaurant is not as Thai in ambiance the food is unmistakably so.
Give it a go !

• Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Thai food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Very tasty thai food, attentive staff and a relaxed atmosphere. I had the green chicken curry which was very hot but vv tasty I couldn't eat it all but they were happy to put the left over into a take away box so I could enjoy the rest at home.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Freshness on a plate”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great service always, nothings too much trouble. Food always fresh. Best Thai restaurant In Cardiff and the beauty surrounding excellent staff just great prices. Makes this place hard to beat

Cardiff, Wales
“I enjoyed it!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Heard great reviews on the Bangkok Café and as we are off to Thailand in a few months I thought that we would give Bangkok Café a go.
We went Bank Holiday Monday without booking, it was open at 5.30pm and we were seated straight away and our drinks order taken promptly.
We have not tried Thai food before and were a little hesitant.
We shared Satay chicken and beef to start, but I could've eaten a portion to myself, the peanut sauce and dip were lovely.
I then had chicken with cashew nuts and roasted chillies with rice which was not too hot and was really tasty accompanied with a spicy mushroom soup and my husband had Pad Thai which he asked for chicken instead of prawns, he was not too struck on his.
The restaurant filled up very quickly but we found that we were seated a little too closely with the next table.
Service was good but I think the drinks were a little expensive.
We would go back.

• Visited August 2013
Swindon
“THE best Thai meal I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We spent ages looking for a place to eat and when hubby chose this I was a bit unsure because it looked so bright and colourful I wasn't sure if it was all colourful decor and no substance.
I am soooooo glad we went there though!
I cannot really do justice to the flavours, freshness and amazing experience we had. The beef salad to start was out of this world!
The mains come with rice and a variety of other things depending on which one you choose. Hubby had tempura veg, mine came with more simply cooked veg but an amazing soup too.
I've eaten Thai food many times but this is cooked using nothing but fresh ingredients by people who clearly know real Thai food.
I would stay in Cardiff again just to eat here.

• Visited August 2013